Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:58 PM
Default Mod For the Stylist
Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I really don't know where else to put it. Is there a mod out there anywhere that can make the stylist career easier? I really hate having to make friends or better status w/the clients before giving a makeover. If my sim is not friends or better, it will fail. I'm at the point now of just throwing in the towel and never doing stylist again. He has friendly and charismatic traits and also eye candy and never dull ltr's. Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 10:44 PM
Don't know about mods to make the career easier but I do know a few tricks that make befriending other sims take much less time.
If you haven't already, try having your sims build up their charisma skill by reading a book or using a mirror. You only need them to gain the first skill point that way. Once they have learned the charisma skill they will be able to keep building it simply by socializing with other sims from then on, of course only positive social interactions count. As long as you have them socialize at least a few times a day they will most likely max the skill out in very little time, quicker with the charismatic trait. The higher the skill gets the quicker they will befriend others. With a maxed charisma skill you can often go from complete strangers to good friends in just a few interactions.

Don't forget to check out the skill journal for the charisma skill challenges as well, as completing these further boosts the skills effectiveness in different ways.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:23 PM
Thanks Kayqueen, I have him building charisma now. I just had one order though. The client wanted 2 pieces everyday, 2 pieces formal, a hairstyle, and shoes. I wasn't sure about giving them a single outfit for everyday and then shoes to go w/it so I gave them an athletic set of shoes in addition to what the order was. It ended bad.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 7:57 AM
Yah, some people are just so darn particular about how they look. Honestly don't know much about the styles career as I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. So I don't know what goes into deciding either a job is done well or not, outside of job level and random chance. Once you brought up relationship with customers I thought that makes a lot of sense as far as the game goes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 9:50 AM
Carl's Sims 3 Guide has a page with tips on the stylist career. Maybe you'll find some of this helpful.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...ons/stylist.php
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 4:30 PM
The stylist profession, if not some or all the professions, does have a realistic XP (experience) status. Just like in real life, you do not start off something completely being new to you and be a master at it. You make mistakes, a lot of mistakes and you learn from it and improve all the time until you're at a level where you are a seasoned professional. So basically, the progression from being inexperienced to being experienced through studying, hard work and on-the-job training over time.

"The Discuss Fashion social--given only to Stylists--helps start the makeover on a positive note. Note: At level 6 Stylists receive the Give Fashion Advice social, which helps other Sims find temporary new looks. Appreciative Sims then have a higher LTR (Long Term Relationship) with the Stylist. Once your Sim reaches level 3 of the Stylist profession, jobs outside the salon are unlocked. Now, you can use map view during work hours to identify clients around town in need of makeovers. Click on their houses to go straight there. Before digging into the Makeover (now available as an interaction/social on the target Sim), be sure to get the client in a good mood. Female clients may also request new make-up. ---You do not need to alter every category of make-up to satisfy this request, but address at least three make-up features before completing the makeover." -The Sims 3: Ambitions Prima Game Guide

-The client needs to be in a good mood. A simple, 'Ask about Day' social will help in gauging their current mood. Of course, if you are one who plays with hideheadlineeffects on then unless you turn it off, that interaction or other visual cues won't be useful since you wouldn't see it. Also, sometimes in the upper right corner it will give a description of their mood after your Sim asked.
-Befriending clients helps but is not what solely determines whether the Stylist does a good or bad job.
-All client's requests should be met before completing the makeover.
-The more successful makeovers and fulfilling the portifolio, the more success to offer makeovers to non-clients to gain more XP and simoleons.
-If I remember correctly, just changing the color/patterns of what the client is already wearing does not count as new.
-Use the draft table to research fashion for XP as well.

Stylist Responsibilities
-Take styling jobs
-Earn money by styling other Sims
-Research style

The more XP gained, the more successful makeovers will become. Or so, that's my observation.

Don't forget there are also lessons on a lot of features in-game too. Though, not as informative as a game guide but even then game guides don't always list every single feature nor is 100% accurate despite being an official licensed source. But hey, humans make mistakes so....
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 8:55 PM
If you don't mind getting cheaty about it, you can use nraas master controller to increase the hidden skill "styling" a little bit to give your sim a head start with experience.