Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 3:33 AM
Any Simblrs to follow?
I'm looking for new Simblrs that I can follow. It doesn't have to be for CC, but that's preferred!

Here's mine if you're interested. I just made mine today. http://ayusims3.tumblr.com/ I mostly will be posting houses I've created! Please share yours so I can follow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 12:26 PM
I opened up this thread ready to list a whole list of Tumblrs I love and adore.......but I just realized I don't have any, because I no longer use Tumblr. I don't know, try mine on I guess. These's places like PotatoBalladSims if mine isn't doing it for you. There's My Online Pity Party's one, if you like weird no context gifs of TS1, the one who's name I forgot who's doing the TS2 UI redesign (will get back on that) and AroundTheSims, for the simple reason that she's basically the queen of CC creators.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
the one who's name I forgot who's doing the TS2 UI redesign

If you're referring to Clean UI, that'd be greatcheescakepersona.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 3:27 PM
That would be them, yeah.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 9:02 PM
I need to go donate to ATS3 - I hope she continues creating/converting things for us to enjoy. I swear, over half my cc is from ATS. In fact I just downloaded some content from the Newspaper Kioske and Souvenirs to make an Art Gallery and Roadside Newstand (with a food truck that won't stay parked...grrr...).

(Been thinking of creating a website too, to offer my lots, patterns and shop signs (still figuring that one out) to the Sims 3 Community. Hard to find the time tho.)

I've been following updates here - https://pis3update.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 9:40 PM
Last time I asked, she had no intention of stopping what she does and said, in fact, she'd almost rather stop making content for TS4.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 10th Jun 2019 at 5:35 PM.
I wish more CC creators were like Sandy, but she's honestly in the minority. An incredibly nice and generous person to begin with, and creates/converts things because she wants to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that many creators aren't, but you can tell when someone creates out of passion vs how much they can charge for one hairstyle, shirt, etc. I have more of an issue with places like TSR and blatant paysites than something like Patreon. But the slippery slope you tread no matter what when money is involved is that there's no guarantee that the creator will stick around when the money runs dry.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 11:34 AM
I like TSR. They are active and have new creations quite often. I've gotten a lot stuff from there as well. (but I don't pay for it)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 3:10 PM
They're somewhat better now than in the past, ads aside. They had to change their management practices after getting flak from EA. It used to be that you could only get certain downloads from featured creators by paying for it, they got called out on it, and now paying just strips away the ads, more or less.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I like TSR. They are active and have new creations quite often. I've gotten a lot stuff from there as well. (but I don't pay for it)

Same. I just deal with the ads and waiting times. It's not worth spending the money on custom content when you can get it for free. Just gotta wait a little. I think TSR would be a better site if they didn't try to force their users to get the VIP package thing by spamming the page with ads. I still like TSR, don't get me wrong, but it's not my favorite.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 3:12 AM
I forgot - GrandeLama. He makes the most amazing Build Mode content in a sort of realism-enhancing Maxis Match sort of way.

insert signature here