Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:43 AM
Default Creating River Stream down a Mountain
Hi, so I'm in the middle of making a world based off a real place called amethyst mountain, and in the the real amethyst mountain there is a little creek that runs from the top of the mountain into a river at the bottom (which I already created) how can I go about achieving that same effect in CAW? I already tried creating a lot and using the pond tool (the water doesn't fill in) I tried using these river effects in caw (doesn't work well because the mountain keeps elevating so it looks completely crazy) what I can do to create a mini river on the mountain
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 7:57 AM
The only thing I can think of at the moment is to fake it with blue terrain paint and some waterfalls? Others may have some better solutions.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 10:49 PM
You might try using fog emitters. The name is deceptive, these are actually special effects objects, with literally thousands of codes, ranging from floating rubber duckies to explosions to, indeed, various waterfall effects. I don't have much experience using them, but there is a lot of information to be found online, including youtube video's with previews of a lot of the effects.
Space Pony
#4 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:11 PM
I no longer have the world, but I once placed hundreds of the third tall waterfall running down a mountain. It took forever but looked neat. Not sure how well it ran in game. Never got that far, before my computer and external HDD for backups both bit the dust in the same week. Forever losing that world
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 8:29 AM
I am sorry to hear that. Hope you can recreate a new wonderful version later.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 2:57 PM
I have tried both fogemitters, caw's waterfall effects spawner and failed testing the waterplanes.

In my big world Stranda I used caw's spawners in the waterfall, and fogemitters on a lot at the top. I also found a splashing effect for the bottom of the waterfall. You can see the result on my profile here on mts. It's still available there.

You have to expect some fiddling to make the effects work as you like, even adapting the terrain is to be expected.

The codes for the fogemitters are available for downloads if you google for it. Make sure you find the last one, for the last exp.pack. There is also quite some mods available for them. I think there is one to make them available in caw. One also exists to be able to lift them up and down.

When it comes to water dropping out at the edges. You have to keep working at it. You will probably need to have a 1 tile edge or something. I think I covered it up with bushes and trees.