Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 12:24 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 28th Mar 2020 at 11:55 PM.
Default Mayor suit default replacement? [Solved]
I don't like the (AF) mayor suit, especially if it's an outfit for Fashion designer career which I thought of downloading.
I liked the one pictured which I found at the Sims 2 default site but the link is dead.
I don't like the other choices on offer. Does anyone know where I can find the same or similar outfit to use as a default replacement?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 5:17 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 22nd Mar 2020 at 9:50 PM.
@yavannatw sorry for bringing this old thread back! I just thought I'd share my finds here. I found the outfit, it's by tomwood1906 and you can find it here. Then I found marja had made it into a default replacement for afbodysuit, here. Though I could not find the replacement you where looking for using this outfit, I'm thinking of doing it myself. I'll update my comment here with a link to my DR whenever it's done :-))

Edit: I'm done and you can find my DR here. Hope you'll find it useful!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Mar 2020 at 2:28 AM.
@vegan_kaktus Thank you for taking the time to make this female mayor suit, I really never had a female mayor, I will have one using your default and shoes. :lovestruc thanks for sharing.
I have a default mayor suit for the male by creator Artemida the only different I can see is the tie color original red to blue. Here http://modthesims.info/d/494772/bas...eplacement.html
I wish it was different I really don't like the ribbon on it. But I guess I can't have everything lol.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:10 AM
Thank you for this @vegan_kaktus I used a different default some month ago when I saw that one was dead, but I like this one better.

I have issues with fileshare sometimes, I tried to click the heart, but it won't heart. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 8:27 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 23rd Mar 2020 at 7:07 PM.
@Simonut I can totally get rid of the ribbon for you :-) I’ll update with a link whenever it’s done. Shouldn’t take too long!

@joandsarah77 very glad you liked it! And don’t worry about the heart<3 thank you for taking the time to comment! It made me very happy :-)))

I'm done and you can find my male DR here! The mayor outfit for males actually have two recolors, one with a blue necktie and a red one. Oh by the way, I've updated my female mayor replacement so please re-download :-))
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:06 PM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Mar 2020 at 11:21 PM.
@vegan_kaktus Oh my goodness !! You are a gifts among the gods thank you, thank you for removing the ribbon like what mayor walk around wearing a ribbon.
I love what you did, question please? From your picture of both without the ribbon do this mean I can use either one with red tie or blue, or is it still the blue tie one.
I also re-downloaded the female mayor suit as you ask to do so. Much Love and respect to you. :lovestruc

Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 12:04 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 24th Mar 2020 at 12:29 AM.
@Simonut very happy to hear you liked it! :lovestruc as to your question, EA actually made two mayor outfits for males, one red and one blue! My default is editing them both, so just drop my file in your downloads folder and it will edit both the red and blue mayor outfit for adults and elders. I'm really bad at explaining haha, so I'll include a picture as well as to what I mean:

Not sure why EA made two? (and thank you for re-downloading!)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 12:31 AM
@vegan_kaktus You explained very well, I never knew EA made two mayor outfits red and blue tie, Thanks for answering my question, I don't know why EA decided to put those in the journalism career wearing white outfit.
I don't mind the hanging camera it make sense that they should have a camera on them that fine but why is their clothes in the color white. I forgot what the female outfit look like. Is there a recolor somewhere with the hanging camera but a different color ?
Thank you for the mayor default. Also you should upload these makeover I am sure other can use them here.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 12:50 AM
@Simonut Great! :-D the clothing for females is beige and for males white like you said. I know of this default, it's orange!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 10:35 PM
@vegan_kaktus You are so helpful and kind I went to that link you left, the journalism male outfit are a good color the male brown pant with a lighter shade of brown suit top and tie to match the pant are fine.
But the female orange is NOT it's like a pumpkin for Halloween I think a nice blue or light brown would have been better. Since they are both in the same package file and not separate I don't think I will use it.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 1:26 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 29th Mar 2020 at 6:29 PM.
@Simonut sorry for the late reply! No problem at all, just happy I can help :-)) oh yes haha, I totally get what you mean. I separated slig's male replacement, I can share it if you want? Then maybe lemonlionsims' black female replacement here (updated link! scroll down a bit) is something you would like to use for the female clothing? :-))
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:54 PM
Just to add Thank you, vegan kaktus! Much appreciated.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
@Simonut sorry for the late reply! No problem at all, just happy I can help :-)) oh yes haha, I totally get what you mean. I separated slig's male replacement, I can share it if you want? Then maybe lemonlionsims' black female replacement here (scroll down a bit) is something you would like to use for the female clothing? :-))

The link is not working for me to see I get nothing. ( I send you a PM )

Forum Resident
#14 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 6:37 PM
@yavannatw you're very welcome! Glad you found it useful :-)))

@Simonut So sorry! I somehow managed to screw up the link haha. I updated my comment but I'll also paste it here (just in case): http://lemonlionsims.blogspot.com/2...fault-more.html
Meet Me In My Next Life
#15 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
@yavannatw you're very welcome! Glad you found it useful :-)))

@Simonut So sorry! I somehow managed to screw up the link haha. I updated my comment but I'll also paste it here (just in case): http://lemonlionsims.blogspot.com/2...fault-more.html

That ok it's no problem I send you a PM as to which one I like.