Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Layerable Piercing Set

by Winry Posted 30th Sep 2010 at 5:41 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2010 at 9:51 PM by Winry : 8 new piercings added!

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 110 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 6:01 PM
Holy crap, yes yes yes yes! Thank you so much for sharing! Yaaaay :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#27 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 11:13 PM
So incredibly awesome,I've run out of adjectives! I love the possibilities and layering options! Thanks so much especially the nose/colored jewel! All look so natural!
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 9:19 PM
They aren't showing up for me, and I've got no idea why I'll put it down to a maxis weirdness. They look lovely though <33
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scrumpleberry
They aren't showing up for me, and I've got no idea why I'll put it down to a maxis weirdness. They look lovely though <33

I don't know either because I tested them in game without any other Custom Content.
Do you have any other CC in your game and if so, do they show up?
Where did you put the .package files? Maybe you don't have the right resource.cfg file?
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 6:25 PM
They look nice in CAS, but they turned all reflective surfaces in my game blue. All metal, mirrors, windows. After I removed them everything went back to normal. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naw78
They look nice in CAS, but they turned all reflective surfaces in my game blue. All metal, mirrors, windows. After I removed them everything went back to normal. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Oh wow, I didn't encounter this problem and I really have no idea why it would do this or how to fix it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
Awesome Sauce! Thanks So Much! :d
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 8:39 AM
I updated my resource file, cleared all my caches, put them in the right place...It probably is something else conflicting with it, I just have too much cc!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:49 AM
Definitely waiting for the additional piercings! Especially that middle one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scrumpleberry
I updated my resource file, cleared all my caches, put them in the right place...It probably is something else conflicting with it, I just have too much cc!

If you ever find what's conflicting with it, please do tell
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:32 PM
It verks! They're truly wonderful.

I did get rid of some stuff just before a patch update, mainly unused clothes. I think out of the accessories I removed a square version of the 3 bracelets and an unmarbled version of the 3 bracelets which I never used, both downloaded from here, and possibly a beret set from rose sims which didn't work anyway. The mind, it boggles!

Thanks for this wonderful set
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 7:52 PM
Great, I'm glad it finally worked!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 6:42 AM
Wow, these look really, really good.

I have a request for a custom set, if it's not too much trouble - snakebites, septum, right eyebrow, and middle lip stud. I know you didn't do a stud for the middle lip, but if you could, it would be awesome. And maybe snakebite studs too? =D

If not, no big deal - I'm totally using this anyway.
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:57 AM
I absolutely love these, but they all seem to be marked for random. It can be a tad irritating to go remove them from the accessories section when they spawn on a sim, even moreso when they spawn on new townies. I've fixed them all in CTU for my game, but it may be helpful to do so on your own files for future downloaders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 1:19 PM
zymish : Do you need your set for males of females (or both)? And what accessory do you want it to replace? left earring, right earring, bracelet, glasses...
I can try to do a middle lip stud (placed below the lip, right? not ON the lip?) but I don't guarantee the result because no matter how I make the bone assignement, the lips thickness seems to do its thing on its own and the piercings don't adjust.
I can definitely do snake bite studs though.

chelcifer : I consciously marked the piercings for random and in order to change that, I'd have to redo all the 84 package files. Sorry but I just don't have the motivation. I'll keep it in mind for future creation though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 8:35 PM
Well, I need it for my self-sim, which is male, but I wouldn't complain if there were a female version as well. As far as replacements, I think the bracelet would be best for me, as it's the one I use the least. Below the lip was what I meant, yeah... and I know what you mean about the lip issue; it likes to overlap the under-lip part of the face. That's the part of the set that's least important, though, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's a hassle.

Also thanks for the quick reply!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 9:59 PM
zymish : here is your custom set
I was not sure if you wanted the snake bite to be rings or studs so I did both.
There are also a male and female version.

I'm sorry the icons are off-center. I don't know how it happened, it usually doesn't do this. But it does the trick anyway

DOWNLOAD
http://www.multiupload.com/KS3MMAST8R

If you want the studed snake bite or the middle lip stud separately, I added them to the main post ;D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 12:01 AM
That's so awesome! Thank you! And so quick, too! You have seriously just made my day.

The rings were what I was after for the snakebites in this set, but the studs look good too. I'll probably use those as well. =D

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:39 AM
Thanks a lot is there anyway you could make a middle lip spike ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:18 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome, the best ones out there. And I love how you give different options to use them as. I love my Sims in earrings and until yours all of the other piercings where offered as earrings, so thank you so very much for these!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 6:05 PM
Great work! The only issue I have is, the Septum ring is way too small. The one I have (And most people I've seen) is larger and more noticeable, not the tiny ones that hug the nose. It's by far my favorite piercing. If you had any free time, and could include a larger one (The Bracelet slot works, or glasses) I would greatly appreciate it. =)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#47 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 2:02 AM
guys have monroes too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:25 PM
Chumble93, secretsq777: I'll look into doing a middle lip spike and a bigger septum, but not for a while. I'm caught up with other things

omegastarr82: Of course they do but it's not as common. Placing the monroe correctly for the females was already a bitch, so there won't be a male version unless someone specifically asks for it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 3:57 AM
may i request a custom set ?
both eyebrows with a stud in them not a ring, (i have a small spike on top and bottom irl)
a labret (small spike), snakebite rings, and large septum. if you make any new piercing mods you could add the bridge of the nose to it as well.

(male)
glasses are good for me as i utilize the bracelets.
thank you so much!!!!!!! your going to make my sim look much more like i do!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:32 PM
Your piercings are the best : ) Thank you.. I love the new snake bites!
Page 2 of 7