Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A Question about .package files in the Neighborhood's characters folder
This is what I would like to do but only if it won't corrupt the lot or neighborhood:
EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\G001\Characters
I would like to take a copy of one sim's .package file from a back-up of the above folder and put it in the same folder, the one that's in documents area, and either override the file or take out the file in there first before putting the back-up version there.

Can this be done without corrupting the lot or neighborhood?

I'm asking because I have one sim the can't plan everyday outfit and I don't want have to go back to the back-up of that neighborhood as I would lose what I have done on other lots there since the back-up. The back-up was one I did in late March.

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:42 AM
I've been able to overwrite a Sim from the Characters file, given they came from the same file name and same neighrborhood.

If you overwrite the Sim and they're from a different neighborhood, or you overwrite the Sim and they didn't have the same file name (this is also assume they had the same GUID numbers when comparing inside the files), then there's surely going to be issues.

So, in regards to taking the file from a backup of the same neighborhood, it should be fine.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:11 AM Last edited by planettv : 19th Apr 2018 at 7:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
I've been able to overwrite a Sim from the Characters file, given they came from the same file name and same neighrborhood.

If you overwrite the Sim and they're from a different neighborhood, or you overwrite the Sim and they didn't have the same file name (this is also assume they had the same GUID numbers when comparing inside the files), then there's surely going to be issues.

So, in regards to taking the file from a backup of the same neighborhood, it should be fine.

Thank you for the help. The character I'll be copying is from the same neighborhood and I'll be checking to make sure the sim has the same filename as a precaution. If this hadn't been possible I would have either had to go to the back-up or reduce my fakepeeps7 child clothing folder from 2,859 to 2,472.

Edit: I did this and the file copied fine but the child sim still couldn't plan everyday outfit so I guess I'll have to reduce that one folder to 2,482.

My mini city: Rygel City