Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14501 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 3:19 PM
You can't put easels on community lots at all without a mod. I imagine if you use the mod you can probably retrieve the painting with move_objects.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#14502 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Fake eiffel tower lot with a photobooth on the top floor (use the SetHighestAllowedLevel cheat to make for ridiculously tall building). Highest place in SimNation to woohoo!
Nectary, wine tasting and bars.
Moulin Rouge cabaret club, with entertainment (put in some of the instruments and microphone).
Fancy parisian cafes with chess tables and books to read.
Museums, art galleries. The Sim Louvre!
Flea market- buy some souvenirs
Fancy French restaurants!
Walk by the Seine! Make some parks and plazas with statues.
Fashion shops!

All of the above are to be set in historic buildings, with fabulous architecture.

If you were brave (or download some of the available lots from MTS) you could include a Notre Dame, and even some catacombs to explore!

That's the spirit! Maybe it would be a good time for the reintroduction of Gabby the Mime! hahaha! Maybe escargot could be the local cuisine? Or baguettes. Crème brûlée? Croissants? OH!! I know!! FRENCH Toast!! It's perfect!

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. April 20. SimPE for Beginners part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2 on the Ins & Outs of SimPE! Join us and start creating!
Mad Poster
#14503 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
If you were brave (or download some of the available lots from MTS) you could include a Notre Dame, and even some catacombs to explore!

If one searches the downloads for sims 2 using the term "Paris" you will discover houses, hotels, cathedrals and Vindicare did several notable examples, including Notre Dame, Saint Sulpice, the Opera, and I think someone did try to make the Eiffel Tower, as well as the actual city map done as a neighborhood-Patul did that.

So yeah, you can fill up Paris quite nicely. Just be prepared to have a bit slower game because Paris is big and the buildings are impressive.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#14504 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 8:31 PM
I have (maybe weird) suggestion/idea...what you think about PROTEST interaction/mod - when sims use POLITICS and/or LAW pedium, they could have other sims protest while they speak? Be it reputation status or based on interests, some sims could BOO on those who use the podium.
Field Researcher
#14505 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
That's the spirit! Maybe it would be a good time for the reintroduction of Gabby the Mime! hahaha! Maybe escargot could be the local cuisine? Or baguettes. Crème brûlée? Croissants? OH!! I know!! FRENCH Toast!! It's perfect!

-gE
>=)

You actually find MIME, the custom NPC version, by RAYENES or something like that
Nectar/vinary part can be done with FRACTURED MOONLIGHT functional wine stuff
There is also fine amount of custom food which of French origin
Mulen Rouge might be done with some...NSFW/sexy stuff (those can be found on PAYSITES MUST BE DESTROYED)

Do you think its possible to make custom greetings? I am curious about this.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14506 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 8:59 PM
That's the spirit! Maybe it would be a good time for the reintroduction of Gabby the Mime! hahaha!

I wish! I wonder if anyone ever made Gabby for Sims 2?

Of course, Sims 3 did 'simFrance' really well- we had wine making and haunted tombs to explore there!
Field Researcher
#14507 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 9:07 PM
Yes, there IS Gabby Mime, here https://simfileshare.net/folder/36935/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14508 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Yes, there IS Gabby Mime, here https://simfileshare.net/folder/36935/

Thanks @Lena88 Raynuss' mime is a custom NPC object, but he doesn't look much like Gabby the Mime!
Mad Poster
#14509 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:47 PM
That is brilliant, real Sims 1 energy there. I wish someone would bring him back but you know people would complain about the French stereotypes being offensive. Even though I don't think it's offensive when it's so obviously silly.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#14510 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 11:47 PM
The meme's very job us to mimics and do goofy stuff. And its not even French stereotype, but their comedy invention.

Speaking of French...could KISS KISS greetings (each of the social class has its own greetings) be...somehow...converted into custom vacation greetings? Just food for thoughts.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14511 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:50 AM
The meme's very job us to mimics and do goofy stuff. And its not even French stereotype, but their comedy invention.

Yes, I think the mime originated from the Commedia dell'arte.
Forum Resident
#14512 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:09 PM
that would be kind of funny... the playable supernatural, a mime. hahah

I wonder how Gabby and Sonny would get along. Would they commiserate? Or would they despise each other and fight over encroachment on the other's territory? Is it possible to have a fight where they BOTH lose? haha

-gE
>=)

Mad Poster
#14513 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:33 PM
I'd like to see a large wall TV that can only play movies. It's amusing to see Sims watching the weather in movie theater.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#14514 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:43 PM
Movies are too short, and sims don't properly engage them... They raise fun and comfort too quickly, and sims get up and walk away before the movie's over... even though they don't last half an hour sims time. I'd like an enormous screen, so I could build a drive-in, with a little park and a concessions stand and lots of cars in parking spaces to watch the movie and/or steam up the car windows. But sims would have to sit and watch the movie for a few good hours to make it worthwhile.

When they watch the Weather Channel, just pretend it's a foreign movie. haha

-gE
>=)

Field Researcher
#14515 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
That is brilliant, real Sims 1 energy there. I wish someone would bring him back but you know people would complain about the French stereotypes being offensive. Even though I don't think it's offensive when it's so obviously silly.

Regarding Sims 1 I would LOVE to see FUNCTIONAL Surprise Cake + dancers...or option for sims to dress and act as dancers. It doesnt need to be NPC object.
Forum Resident
#14516 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 7:49 PM
Regarding Sims 1 I would LOVE to see FUNCTIONAL Surprise Cake + dancers...or option for sims to dress and act as dancers. It doesnt need to be NPC object.

How would you do it, without the NPC? Who would dance?

i wonder... would it be possible to, rather than generate a new NPC, just have items that would generate NPCs tap into the pool of NPCs that the game already has, like the bartenders, barristas and store clerks... Not particularly for the cake, per se. Cuz it'd be kinda weird to go to the park and order coffee from a barrista who popped out of a slutty cake at the party last Saturday... ...but i wonder if that could be a resource for CC items that would necessitate an NPC only without generating a new one. hmmm...

-gE
>=)

Mad Poster
#14517 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 8:55 PM
How would you do it, without the NPC? Who would dance?

Crumplebottom.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#14518 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 9:07 PM
Sims 1 Cake Dancer had four versions: Female, Male (Good), Male (Bad), and Pink Gorilla. (There was also a chance of getting the Tragic Clown.) https://www.thesimswiki.com/wiki/Entertainer

I'm not sure what determined which one popped out of the cake, besides selecting gender.
Instructor
#14519 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 9:31 PM
I wish there was a mod like Mog Hughson's sit with your drink, but for phones, so sims could sit while talking on the phone. That way, sick sims could talk with friends without making their illness worse.
Mad Poster
#14520 Old Yesterday at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drinkmorecocoa
I wish there was a mod like Mog Hughson's sit with your drink, but for phones, so sims could sit while talking on the phone. That way, sick sims could talk with friends without making their illness worse.

I seem to recall that relaxing on a bed also doesn't count as 'sitting' for the purposes of illness recovery, though there maybe already be a mod for this.

Forum Resident
#14521 Old Yesterday at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Sims 1 Cake Dancer had four versions: Female, Male (Good), Male (Bad), and Pink Gorilla. (There was also a chance of getting the Tragic Clown.) https://www.thesimswiki.com/wiki/Entertainer

I'm not sure what determined which one popped out of the cake, besides selecting gender.

If there were children present... the pink gorilla was female. El Vis, a wimpy boxer with sideburns was the male. Also, IIRC the game would not allow two male dancers at the same party. So if you got 2 male cakes, one would be the male exotic dancer, and the other would be something else... typically El Vis. Don't know what would happen if you got 3 male cakes. Perhaps that's how you got Sonny the Tragic Clown.

-gE
>=)

Theorist
#14522 Old Yesterday at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drinkmorecocoa

I was thinkin along the similar lines the other day ... the bein able to talk on phone while sittin that is... but I was thinkin of bein able to answer a cell phone and talk while sittin .. I mean that makes sense ..
Instructor
#14523 Old Yesterday at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I was thinkin along the similar lines the other day ... the bein able to talk on phone while sittin that is... but I was thinkin of bein able to answer a cell phone and talk while sittin .. I mean that makes sense ..

I agree! It doesn't make sense that they have to be standing and walking around the entire time. With a wall phone, they have to be standing to make a call or answer the phone, of course, but with a cellphone there's no reason to get up to do either of those things.
Mad Poster
#14524 Old Today at 2:36 AM
Options for the crafting stations to auto-sell items after making them.

Page 581 of 581