Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:20 AM
Default Strange things are happening....
Hello guys, so I've been managing to run the sims2 with most of the EP's up until Apartment life on my windows 8.1 core i3 for the past year or so, and it works well except for a few fast glitches when you're on building mode. I've managed to ignore that. Yesterday something REALLY WEIRD happened.

I went to run the sims Apartment life as I usually do, and instead it opened "Bon voyage." I thought I accidentally clicked it so I quit, tried again and it still happened. I ejected the CD and restarted the laptop but it happened again. Anyway, I loaded the game went into a neighbourhood and the apartments where there with the green apartment sign floating around them as usual, but when I clicked on them then this blank white screen comes up with nothing to click.

Strange thing also is, that when I pressed "Ctrl" + "Alt"+ "Delete" and went to windows it was marked as "Apartment life being open. I have the print screens attached here. I have made no changes to my computer. The only change I might have done yesterday was, that windows invited me to update to Windows 10 and it has been doing so for ages so I thought, why not? And so I clicked "update" it downloaded the windows 10 but I did not install it yet, so I'm still running 8.1, I think.

I have no clue what is going on Thanks guys for your help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:41 AM
Updating to Windows 10 would be my guess. Windows 10 and sims 2 are compatible when you install windows 10 and then install sims 2, but it's never a good idea to just update to a new window like that. Sounds like it did something installation files. Do you have a backup? If it's possible to roll back to a restore point I would do this. Otherwise I would think you will need to uninstall and reinstall. I hope you have a backup otherwise it means starting from scratch. Avoid any update of windows.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 10:56 AM
She had only downloaded it, though - maybe complete the installation first and then see what happens?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 12:05 PM
Also, if your laptop has two graphic cards, make sure the game is running on the best one. You have a case of borked graphics/hay neighborhood grounds there, and that's usually a graphics problem. Often happens if the game doesn't recognize the card.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 4:56 PM
You know I'm having a case of deja vu here - didn't someone else report that problem in another thread? Might be worth having and search through the help section here and seeing if you can spot that thread. There might be solutions there.

Also, ideally, this should be in the Help section anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:56 PM
DONE! i did as you said and it worked! I' not touching any updates from now on

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Updating to Windows 10 would be my guess. Windows 10 and sims 2 are compatible when you install windows 10 and then install sims 2, but it's never a good idea to just update to a new window like that. Sounds like it did something installation files. Do you have a backup? If it's possible to roll back to a restore point I would do this. Otherwise I would think you will need to uninstall and reinstall. I hope you have a backup otherwise it means starting from scratch. Avoid any update of windows.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 12:04 AM
Great! What worked? Rolling back?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 7:56 PM
I installed windows 10 probably a month ago. I haven't touched my game ever since, because I've been pretty busy. Now I feel like playing but I'm too scared to open the game. I don't have any back up files and it sucks. I want to be able to play my old game and my 'hoods but windows 10 makes me shaky.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:03 PM
@hilite, I play the Ultimate Collection on Windows 10, and have done so since Windows 10 first appeared on my desktop. And a new system is a great excuse for starting over.