Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#551 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:06 PM
Is that the thing you mentioned in the other thread? Where you look through the telescope during daylight hours and he comes around shoving the Sim who did it?

That's just something that's in the game, when a Sim uses the telescope during daylight hours they are spying on their neighbours and the game spawns a character to come around, be alarmed and slap the voyeur.
It doesn't have anything to do with the Sim's character, the game just chooses the living Sim in the neighborhood with the lowest instance number (in Pleasantview, for example that's Mortimer Goth)

Regretfully I'm not good with translating eccentric game behaviour into storylines, so the only advice I can give is that you should stop your Sims from looking through the telescope during the day.

Of to get the "No shoving from looking through telescope" mod here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#552 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
Yep that's it! I have the fix downloaded so my sims can still look through the telescope. I'll still have to deal with the sims hating each other now but it should be fine.
Theorist
#553 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterRed
Yep that's it! I have the fix downloaded so my sims can still look through the telescope. I'll still have to deal with the sims hating each other now but it should be fine.

They could like have a make-up brunch or something together. Just have your Sims use appricitate-> apologize a lot, and perhaps have the other Sim study anger management if you have Apartment Life, if you say that he's usually nice, finding non-violent ways to deal with his pent-up frustration might be in character for him.
Mad Poster
#554 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:50 PM
Make sure you have a mod that fixes the broken apology code (I use syberspunk's apologizefix, but I think there are one or two others out there).
Mad Poster
#555 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:24 PM
He's super-shy, so his desire for privacy is over-riding his niceness. So his intended partner saw him through the telescope and thinks he's super-interesting, and wants to get to know him better, but due to poor choices, now has a long road to hoe to get to a romance. Oh, well, if they're neither one mean enough to cheat at chess, they can bond over the chess board (and not spy through the telescope while they're at it)!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#556 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 12:21 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 12th Feb 2018 at 12:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Yeup! They're all friends, at around 50-50 with each other except Rebel and Polly, who are best friends at 95-95.

Their aspirations are:
Manny, you're correct with Knowledge.
Brody and Rebel are both Pleasure aspirations.

@didyouevenmakeasound
I love to have Poly Amourous group marriages and I have a couple of them in my game.

I think the first thing to do if you don't already have something to change the default jealousy code in the game would be get something that will make polyamourous relationships easy like LizzLove's no-jealousy-at-all mod

There is a Buyable ReNuYu Porta-Chug from BastDawn that can greatly help.

Also I find it handy to use LizzLove's Gender Preference Adjuster to make adjustements to the gender preferences of my Sims.

I also use Vincent's Sim Modder that you can Spawn and there is a Buyable Version by Numenor . I use this to change Aspirations.

OK the first thing I would do is tweak the turn ons on each Sim so as to get the best match that you can. Then get the 50/50 relationships to something like 75/75 or better. Have them work on Charisma, Creativity and Logic or whatever that will help with the turn ons. Me I also will sometimes change aspirations to get a better match as well, so maybe you could experiment.

I always try to end up with 3 Bolt relationships, but a 2 bolt relationship would suffice I think.

Do you want to have the two boys in a romantic relationship or just BFF? You could also make them Family with The Sim Blender or The Sim Manipulator, then they will share easier, heh.

Try and see what you can come up with.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#557 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:00 AM
I've got a question: What to do with too many Tricous?

I resurrected the entire clan, and aged the elder couple to mere adult, but the family dynamics are pretty intense to work with. I'm about to consign the 6 adults to the downtown, where I can safely ignore them. The teens are the ones I'm bringing in.

What would you do with the adult Tricous? Does anyone view them as being boring and obnoxious as I do?
Perhaps I should install them into the House of the Fallen trees and leave them all there without any major improvements in it. I'm just plain evil. Bad me...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#558 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:18 AM
Vamp 'em, FranH, and then leave them in the House as pseudo-townies. Vamps don't need to age, and they can quarrel and cheat on each other in the background for eternity.

At least they'll have a couple coffins to fight over, and as vampires, it doesn't matter if they kick around forever.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#559 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 1:05 PM
Oh, I downtowniefied them, and threw them all off the lot. The 2 teens are now rich and free to do as they like. The first thing they did was move to their own place. I think they're relieved not to have to deal with their extremely dysfunctional family. Because they don't like them. I don't blame the kids at all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#560 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:49 AM
Through shenanigans, I accidentally managed to get a townie (Benjamin Long) alien-pregnant. I have three options I can think of while keeping him a townie.

1. Drop the pregnancy entirely.
2. Have him give birth, give the baby to the orphanage, and re-townify him.
3. Have him give birth, age the kid up to childhood, and re-townify both of them.

I'm not sure which one to go for, though. Any idea?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#561 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:08 AM
I'd definitely go for option 2 or option 3. I guess it depends a bit on a few things, like if you have any sims who would want to adopt a baby and what you would want to do with the child down the line. I'd want the child to be playable, probably, because then I'd be able to control them and make sure they got a decent upbringing and education.
Top Secret Researcher
#562 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'd definitely go for option 2 or option 3. I guess it depends a bit on a few things, like if you have any sims who would want to adopt a baby and what you would want to do with the child down the line. I'd want the child to be playable, probably, because then I'd be able to control them and make sure they got a decent upbringing and education.

I would also go for Option 2 or Option 3 . You can always make either or both of the Sims playable later if you want if you don't adopt the baby out. If you do adopt the baby out you have possibilities for various interesting story lines.

Me I would likely look to see if there was any of my Playables that I could match the father with and if there was I would move them in together thus make him playable and keep the Alien Baby. Or I would match him with another Townie, Downtownie, Vacation Local or Tourist, etc. and make them all playable. I like matching him with a Playable the best though and that is what I would do.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Forum Resident
#563 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:31 PM
Personally, I like the last option. But this is because of my own machinations. I'm currently using influence to match up my townies. I've had a couple flirt with each other and become good friends. Now I just need to keep up their relationship.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#564 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 10:06 PM
Well, I checked - since one of the Orphanage kids got adopted out recently, there's a spare room. So I think I'll lean towards #2. I can think of a few families who wouldn't mind fostering or adopting an alien hybrid.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#565 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:54 AM
Update, Benjamin Long gave birth to a son, Copernicus, and signed him over to the Orphanage.

The Orphanage also received a new donation of a baby monitor from a mysterious person who only signed their note as "Gammi."

Forum Resident
#566 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM
So, I have a scenario. I think I know the best way it should go, but I keep talking myself out of it. Btw, it's in my Medieval neighborhood.

My peasant Robyn Carew has four daughters. Three teens and a child: Lily, Marigold, Rose, and Suzette. He also has a teenage sister, Willow, and his elder father, Wayne. Though his sister has a dowry, Willow's still unmarried. Robyn needs to gather enough for two additional dowries for Lily and Marigold. However, Rose has recently caught the eye of a Yeoman candlemaker, who is reluctant to marry her because she has no dowry.

The family is constantly on the edge of starving. Their chicken coop is finally blooming but it's a struggle. They can't afford to spend money on food because they need to pay rent. Robyn's situation is worse because he has no son. He has to remarry. Hopefully, his new wife's dowry will help the household, but...

I don't know who he should marry! There are two women he can marry: Beverly and Agnes.

Beverly is the local midwife. She's also a firstborn daughter, so she has a dowry and she will bring whatever her services provide, helping the household. She has one bolt with Robyn, and they're close to being best friends. He's also friends with her father.

However, Agnes and Robyn have a crush on each other. Agnes works with the local almshouse and is also friends with Robyn. She has a dowry, but the amount is completely unknown! They have two bolts, and Agnes decided to walk onto the lot one day to classic dance with Robyn, throwing my entire plan into the toilet!

So should I go ahead and marry Beverly and Robyn, or let Agnes and Robyn get closer?

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#567 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:04 AM
That's a tricky one. What's the personality of your Sim? Is he a bit of a gambler?

Mad Poster
#568 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:07 AM
The whole dowry system squicks me out, and I suppose I should just be upfront about that.

I'd go with love in all cases. Let Agnes marry Robyn and Rose marry the candlemaker. Love conquers all and all that, like that one Bon Jovi song. And just from a gameplay standpoint, I cannot stand trying to play 1LB couples; they just frustrate and annoy me when I tell one to check the other out and they just shrug. Your own play style sounds very different, though, so of course YMMV.
Top Secret Researcher
#569 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
So, I have a scenario. I think I know the best way it should go, but I keep talking myself out of it. Btw, it's in my Medieval neighborhood.

My peasant Robyn Carew has four daughters. Three teens and a child: Lily, Marigold, Rose, and Suzette. He also has a teenage sister, Willow, and his elder father, Wayne. Though his sister has a dowry, Willow's still unmarried. Robyn needs to gather enough for two additional dowries for Lily and Marigold. However, Rose has recently caught the eye of a Yeoman candlemaker, who is reluctant to marry her because she has no dowry.

The family is constantly on the edge of starving. Their chicken coop is finally blooming but it's a struggle. They can't afford to spend money on food because they need to pay rent. Robyn's situation is worse because he has no son. He has to remarry. Hopefully, his new wife's dowry will help the household, but...

I don't know who he should marry! There are two women he can marry: Beverly and Agnes.

Beverly is the local midwife. She's also a firstborn daughter, so she has a dowry and she will bring whatever her services provide, helping the household. She has one bolt with Robyn, and they're close to being best friends. He's also friends with her father.

However, Agnes and Robyn have a crush on each other. Agnes works with the local almshouse and is also friends with Robyn. She has a dowry, but the amount is completely unknown! They have two bolts, and Agnes decided to walk onto the lot one day to classic dance with Robyn, throwing my entire plan into the toilet!

So should I go ahead and marry Beverly and Robyn, or let Agnes and Robyn get closer?

@AliaD85

I think you should consider what kind of man is Robyn. Is he impulsive or romantic? Is he down to earth or conservative? Is Robyn a Risk Taker? Will he be willing to do a bit of gambling on someone whose dowry he does not know? How high is Robyn's relationship with Agnes? Does Robyn know Agnes' Father? What sort of work does Agnes do at the almshouse?

Me I would have Robyn make an effort to find out what sort of Dowry Agnes has before making his decision. Also if Robyn is not particularly conservative, I think he would be inclined to get to know Agnes better.

Also Rose being the 3rd girl child does not get a Dowry? Is the Yeoman Candlemaker comparatively well off? Yeoman are a cut above a Peasant/Serf. Maybe some arraingement might be made. I would likely do something with them, depending on what kind of sims they are.

Describe the Sims involved some more and I can offer more specific advice.

Otherwise I would have my Sims be Risk Takers and go that direction.

Forum Resident
#570 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@AliaD85

I think you should consider what kind of man is Robyn. Is he impulsive or romantic? Is he down to earth or conservative? Is Robyn a Risk Taker? Will he be willing to do a bit of gambling on someone whose dowry he does not know? How high is Robyn's relationship with Agnes? Does Robyn know Agnes' Father? What sort of work does Agnes do at the almshouse?

Me I would have Robyn make an effort to find out what sort of Dowry Agnes has before making his decision. Also if Robyn is not particularly conservative, I think he would be inclined to get to know Agnes better.

Also Rose being the 3rd girl child does not get a Dowry? Is the Yeoman Candlemaker comparatively well off? Yeoman are a cut above a Peasant/Serf. Maybe some arraingement might be made. I would likely do something with them, depending on what kind of sims they are.

Describe the Sims involved some more and I can offer more specific advice.

Otherwise I would have my Sims be Risk Takers and go that direction.

Unfortunately, no. Only the oldest two daughters receive dowries in the peasantry. I already have a plan for Rose. She'll receive a chicken and a small coop for her dowry. It'll be nothing like her older sisters, but it's something. Poor Suzette will either marry without a dowry, or hope a sibling takes her in if her father doesn't have a son.

Robyn's whole life evolves around his daughters and little sister. He and his father spoil them rotten. All of them are a very tight knit group, but money has been hard to come by. The chicken coop is only now flourishing but it's barely enough to keep everyone fed and make enough money for rent and taxes. It's a miracle they managed enough money to get Willow a dowry. Thankfully, Rose will be marrying at the beginning of fall, so that's one less mouth to feed. Still, Robyn needs a son and his best bet is marrying again. He's a people person, but he's not a hopeless romantic. His long-term relationship with Beverly is better, though his friendship and crush with Agnes is growing fast.

Beverly is desperate to get married. She's also a pretty good prospect because she's a midwife who's helped birth a baby Yeoman and a baby Gentry within the last season (so she has funds in addition to her dowry). She's also the only woman in the settlement who is considered a spinster (though I don't think this actual term was used until after the medieval period). There are a few single men around, but most are either out of her class or uninterested in marriage. I finally have my barracks up, though and, if it doesn't work out with Robyn, I know who I can pair her with.

So when my neighborhood was set up, I created a group of women to work my almshouse because I needed marriageable men and women for my peasants, yeomanry, and gentry. Two of those women have married (one is Lady Hale and another married a beekeeper). Agnes is one of the five women left in the almshouse. But they don't have much money. The other two women married with only 100 to 200 simoleons as a dowry. It's a huge risk for Robyn to marry her even if he's slightly more attracted to her. And Agnes has no parents Robyn has to deal with. I didn't even consider Agnes part of the equation until she rolled on the lot and danced with Robyn.

So...yeah....

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#571 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:16 AM
Seeing as his life revolves around his family, I would examine their relationships with the two candidates. If one of them is good friends (or enemies) with one of the women, that might swing things. He doesn't seem like much of a risk-taker though, so I could see him marrying Beverly. For the sake of his family, as she actually has a dowry.

Forum Resident
#572 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:07 PM
Yeah. Beverly was the way I planned to go. My more romantic side was pushing me towards Agnes, but unfortunately, my more practical side (and Beverly starting to flirt on her own) decided for me.

It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#573 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 13th Mar 2018 at 6:48 PM.
I was planning on having Princess Applebloom as a Young Adult to turn the dormies into Plantsims and Princess Applebloom is a sim that I made. She should turn the entire University dorm into Plantsims in my game.

Prince Avalanche
Lab Assistant
#574 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:16 PM
Has anyone paired off Kent Capp and Cassandra Goth? I feel like their genetics may not work well together. If I do end up pairing them off, which last name should they take? The Capp family is Matrilineal, but I've always seen the Goths as being pretty conservative.
Mad Poster
#575 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
If you want to see how the genes work before pairing them off, put clones in CAS and roll the pacifier with them several times, see how you feel about the results.

Goth-Capp. Or possibly Gapp. Or maybe Coth?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 23 of 48