Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#476 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:59 AM
hmm pherhaps try to find an erik darling to download and get caelum and frida together?

or just leave them all single after all frida and agnes never had kids and if caelum was never meant to exist

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#477 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Born in Game Frida Goth, Agnes Crumplebottom and Caelum Crumplebottom are now teens, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them in terms of romance. If a teen doesn't find a boyfriend/ girlfriend before they go to college, I tend to make a Young Adult CAS Sim and add them to the playable's dorm.

I have several trains of thought:
1) Frida Goth gets with Caelum Crumplebottom, and try to find a boyfriend for Agnes as a teen.
2) Frida Goth gets with Caelum, and create a Young Adult CAS sim when Agnes moves into a dorm.
3)Create Young Adult CAS Sims for all three.

I always make sure that my matches always involve 3 bolts. So does Frida or Agnes have a 3 bolt relationship with Caelum? If so then that pairing that has 3 bolts. If neither then create 3 YA CAS Sims. If Both, then choose one pairing or have a triad, your choice , maybe choose randomly.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#478 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:18 PM
I just sent Frida and Caelum on a date and they have two bolts. I hate three bolt Sims and prefer two bolt Sims. So I will most likely have Frida marry Caelum after they graduate. Agnes is Caelum's older half sister and I'm not fond of incest. I'm thinking of making a Sims 2 Young Adult CAS version of Eric Darling and putting him in Agnes' dorm when she goes to college.
Instructor
#479 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I just sent Frida and Caelum on a date and they have two bolts. I hate three bolt Sims and prefer two bolt Sims. So I will most likely have Frida marry Caelum after they graduate. Agnes is Caelum's older half sister and I'm not fond of incest. I'm thinking of making a Sims 2 Young Adult CAS version of Eric Darling and putting him in Agnes' dorm when she goes to college.

Your comment made me laugh--I always try to find a sim's "one true love" in the game, and for me that means three bolts.
Theorist
#480 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
Your comment made me laugh--I always try to find a sim's "one true love" in the game, and for me that means three bolts.

For me everything from 1-3 Bolts is a-ok when it comes to marrying, after all, aren't the bolts meant to simulate "attraction"? attraction, imho, is something altogether different from romantic love.
Mad Poster
#481 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:20 PM
Three bolt Sim behavior drives me up the wall (a recent example happened with Jason and Rose Greenman. They were three bolts, so if Jason was taking a shower in the upstairs bathroom, Rose had an habit of washing dishes in the upstairs bathroom), so I look for strong two bolt pairings.
Scholar
#482 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:39 PM
oh ACR literally doesnt care about that they have sex everywhere,your quadruplet kids are about to be taken away? nah just woohoo with a college boy

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#483 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:13 PM
Amusingly, ACR decided to pair up Justin Cleveland and Melody Tinker despite them having negative chemistry. They seemed to enjoy it (well, up until Melody sneaked off to the hot tub with Justin's uncle, Geoff Rutherford, and in that case I reloaded) and actually jumped up to 1 bolt after they fell in love.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#484 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
From Welcome to Sedona: The Desert Hamlet
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
@lordtyger9 Sounds like they're quietly taking over the world! Maybe you should have a group of sims that don't want the aliens there. Under the sims 2 discussion board, they have a storyline help. Maybe everyone can help you with an exciting idea.

@AliaD85

I am bringing this to this thread, maybe some people want to make some suggestions?

I have a game where Aliens play a large and increasing role and I have something like 4 Alien Clans plus the products of the Abductions in my game and all of the Aliens work on making matches with mostly non-Aliens. Not every Sim household has an Alien, but a lot of them do. LOL

They ARE taking over the world, slowly though. Strangetown and Bluewater village are well started, and now Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview and Veronaville are in their sights. {I just recently added the other Neighborhoods to Strangetown}.

News: General Buzz Grunt has been found to have two Alien Lovers that he impregnated when it was revealed recently that Chloe and her sister Lola are both Pregnant by General Buzz Grunt head of the Strangetown Military.

General Buzz really loves Chloë and Chloë visits General Buzz with her sister Lola quite often. General Buzz is in love with both Chloë and Lola.

Since The Sim most likely to be chosen as the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance has decided to join with the Aliens. Does anyone has any suggestions for some sims that might be inclined to be the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance?

I have not really moved any Aliens into Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview or Veronaville, but they are now connected and I am thinking that maybe someone in one of the Families from those Neighborhoods might be the Next Logical Head of the Anti-Alien Alliance.

If anyone wants to read about my game this is my Aliens Every Where Thread.

I invite comments and suggestions.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#485 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:54 PM
Consort Capp could bring his feuding skills to bear. After all, if any sim is prone to be anti-everything, it's him!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#486 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:49 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Consort Capp could bring his feuding skills to bear. After all, if any sim is prone to be anti-everything, it's him!

@Peni Griffin I think Consort Capp is a very good choice for a Sim to be in the 3A, and he is my main Candidate to be the Head of the Anti-Alien Alliance.

I don't know whether Consort Capp is alive in my game at the moment, but I can always resurect him if he is temporarily deceased. LOL

Also Consort Capp could very easily have a negative attitude about Strangetown.

Any other suggestions on Sims most likely to be Anti-Alien?

For more Gossip and Scandals in Aliens Everywhere see post #6 in Major Conflicts and Scandals

Forum Resident
#487 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:27 PM
Since Bella's disappearance is due to aliens, the entire Goth family could be considered likely to be anti-alien if they are aware of the reason for her disappearance. Don could be anti-alien for the same reason, depending on how you view him, his relationships with the Goths, and how the abduction takes place in your own story.
Top Secret Researcher
#488 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
Since Bella's disappearance is due to aliens, the entire Goth family could be considered likely to be anti-alien if they are aware of the reason for her disappearance. Don could be anti-alien for the same reason, depending on how you view him, his relationships with the Goths, and how the abduction takes place in your own story.

@ stiching thanks for the suggestion, however.

Bella is a bit of a Problem in one sense as when I joined the other Nieighborhoods other than Strange Town to Strange Town as Shopping Districts, the Bella that the Goths know had her identity altered and now she is a Townie whose name I don't recall right now, her last name is NOT Goth however. Anyway Strange Town Bella is not the same sim as the former wife of Mortimer Goth.

So there is a Bella Goth that mysteriously appeared as a Townie in Strange Town and I have her married to a guy she met while he was at University and he took her last name when he married her and they live in Bluewater Village. Bella is now playable and is the owner of 5 Businesses at level 10 and is doing very well.

So I don't know that Bella herself is likely to be Anti-Alien or Pro Alien or Not Aligned. I need to check her relationship panel, I think she might be Pro-Alien though since she could have a lot of Alien friends...that is why I need to check of course.

So sort of a Tangent to the topic at hand, should I change the last name of Mortimer's former wife or change Strangetown Bella Goth's name, or just leave them the way they are?

Mortimer and the other Goths have not had any one that they know abducted by Aliens in my game, so far.

Don Lothario is married to the Caliente Sisters, both of them. They don't feel like letting him stray with others though. LOL.

Forum Resident
#489 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 4:34 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 24th Dec 2017 at 1:10 AM.
Peni Griffin, a few months ago you mentioned you were considering a Burning Sim vacation hood. The idea stuck with me and I started to build one of my own. I figure it could be a great college student vacation, and finally a use for all those silly rave clothes from the game. Thanks for the great idea!
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Since The Sim most likely to be chosen as the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance has decided to join with the Aliens. Does anyone has any suggestions for some sims that might be inclined to be the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance?

How does Tank feel about his father fraternising with aliens? We know he was groomed for a military career from a young age, and that he starts the game enemies with Johnny Smith: it's a fair guess that he picked up his father's anti-alien beliefs along with everything else he learned from Buzz. Does he see Buzz's change of heart now as a betrayal? Or possibly worse, does he suspect Chloe & Lola (alien floozies, how dare they try to replace Tank's mother) of manipulating or even mind-controlling Buzz into his current attitude? Is he willing to pick up the mantle his father abandoned - and maybe, just maybe, try to get the old Buzz (the one who approved of Tank) back in the process?
Top Secret Researcher
#491 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
How does Tank feel about his father fraternising with aliens? We know he was groomed for a military career from a young age, and that he starts the game enemies with Johnny Smith: it's a fair guess that he picked up his father's anti-alien beliefs along with everything else he learned from Buzz. Does he see Buzz's change of heart now as a betrayal? Or possibly worse, does he suspect Chloe & Lola (alien floozies, how dare they try to replace Tank's mother) of manipulating or even mind-controlling Buzz into his current attitude? Is he willing to pick up the mantle his father abandoned - and maybe, just maybe, try to get the old Buzz (the one who approved of Tank) back in the process?

I made a lot of changes early on when I was starting out with Strangetown. So among other things I made Tank decide to rebell against his father's plans for him and decide to become a Celebrity Chef {As I recall he had an interest in Food}. Also now that the General is an Elder, Tank lives with him along with one of his brothers. Also Tank's wife Gwendolyn Ottomas Grunt was just caught out having an Alien Baby. Tank decided he was OK with having the child live with them until he was sent off to University. I think Tank will likely get one of the Aliens Pregnant though, Alien Women have been working on Tank you see.

Chloë and Lola are Alien Floozies of course. However Chloë and Lola along with their Brother Johnny Nigmos are on the Central Commitee for the Nigmos/Davis Alien Clan. Also Ripp his other brother is married to Sarah Love and they live with Úna FitzHugh an Alien who happens to be the Central Commitee for their Clan the FitzHugh/Delarosa Alien Clan. So you can figure that between the two Alien Clans and the Aliens have turned Tank and his brother Buck into being Pro-Alien.

I really figure that most of the Families that start out in Strangetown and Bluewater Village are not likely to be Anti-Alien at this point. The Aliens have not asked for any special favours and they don't run things in any sort of obvious way. They help out those who are their friends and they give money or loan money to a lot of people.
It is more that the 4 Clans are like the Mafia Families or the Tongs and they work together to reach their common goal of being part of most the Human Families and thereby take over. They still count as members those who are born of Alien Parents, but look human.

Anyway I do figure that based on what I have already had happen in my game that Ripp is in the Pro-Alien camp, with Tank being popularity he is friends with several prominent Aliens and Buck being at least Neurtral.

I am planning on looking for Sims that don't have Alien Friends and adding them to a list for possibliy Anti-Alien Sims.

Theorist
#492 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:25 PM
Pffffft first Simming session after the holidays and it's a big one.

So in my beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood some stuff happened and now Davis Dreamer (Darren's father) and his twin brother are kind of....dead. Now usually that wouldn't be a problem, especially since there's still a sister around who can continue the family line.
However, since it's a beginning Neighbourhood Davis is kinda important. Since without him there's no Darren and no Dirk.

So I'll gonna have to resurrect him, probably in some storyline involving the Bachelors (since they're witches) However there's two problems:

1) How would I justify resurrecting Davis without also resurrecting his twin?
2)I don't like doing resurrections without some sort of dark consequences, since I can't have Davis come back as a zombie I need to have some other sort of consequences...any ideas?
Scholar
#493 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:59 PM
his family line gets cursed? it would explain darrens money problems and darleens death.

My Tumblr
Theorist
#494 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
his family line gets cursed? it would explain darrens money problems and darleens death.

I kinda like this suggestion, but then I don't. I do as it does give a good explanation, but then I don't as when would it end? Would that mean the Dirk and future Dreamers would also be under this curse?

Is there a reason why you didn't just not safe and exit the game and let it run again so he/ they didn't die? I think this is the option I woulda went with.

Oh, another option ... so you don't say how or why they died ... could you play it off as that they were rushed to the hospital and they were able to revive Davis but it was to late for his twin?
Theorist
#495 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

Is there a reason why you didn't just not safe and exit the game and let it run again so he/ they didn't die? I think this is the option I woulda went with.

Because the family was getting boring and I thought throwing in some ressurection would spice things up. hehehe

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Oh, another option ... so you don't say how or why they died ... could you play it off as that they were rushed to the hospital and they were able to revive Davis but it was to late for his twin?

I had forgotten to pause the game and stayed away from the computer longer than I expected. I came back to both of them having died and a dialogue box about hobby magazines. According to the ghost colour they must both have died seeing their father's ghost (who had died in a fire earlier)

Yeah I might go with them being able to revive Davis but not his brother.
Alchemist
#496 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
1) How would I justify resurrecting Davis without also resurrecting his twin?
2)I don't like doing resurrections without some sort of dark consequences, since I can't have Davis come back as a zombie I need to have some other sort of consequences...any ideas?
Since resurrection isn't free in the vanilla game, does the family have enough to resurrect both of them? If they do, maybe they get scammed out of a large amount of money trying to resurrect both boys and by the time they find the Bachelors and the real solution, there's only enough money for one twin? I have a feeling you wanted to some supernatural consequences tied to the resurrection, but it would be really scar someone if they were given a second chance and their twin wasn't.
Field Researcher
#497 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:06 AM
You could also resurrect both twins, and it works fine for Davis but his brother comes back as a zombie?
Or, if you want a rather dark scenario, a life has to be given for a life to be gained, so a parent/ the sister/ the next child born to the family either dies or is given to the bachelors as a servant?
Scholar
#498 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:34 PM
ok in my desiderata valley megahood florence delarosa was experimenting with plants when her house was consumed by nature,she has built a few shacks above she is now a plantsim with her daughter dahlia and granddaughter however the rest of bluewater village has also started to be consumed by nature but i'm a bit stuck and i see 5 options:

1. all of blue water village turn into plant sims and that area is only accessible by plant sims due to toxic atmosphere in the town

2.it slowly spreads to the other sub hoods causing people to live in a spaceship or something

3.everyone dies in whatever town it spreads to

4.the military manage to evacuate everyone (first the farming towns due to the plans there)

5.something else i've yet to think of

My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#499 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:03 PM
@Emerald1234
an expansion of your option 1.
Plant sims get attacked by Vegans and Vegetarian sims. Other sims think they're poisoning the air and hogging all the water. The towns folk have resorted to torches and pitchforks! The plant sims now build their house like someone would for a zombie apocalypse - only it's from human-sims. You now play an apocalypse challenge but as a plant sim. You must now make a self-sufficient town only for plant sims.

Any plant sim that comes into contact with a normal sim gets "cured" (if dice rolled even numbers) or be killed (if odd)

This is only a suggestion =)) feel free to take it or leave it or add more to it
Scholar
#500 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:07 PM
i'll use this thanks! i'm still stuck on whether it should spread

oh and do i make the plantsims immortal?

My Tumblr
Page 20 of 48