Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:10 AM
Default The Sims 4 MCCC- Can't call for services
I haven't been able to call for services in my game for a long time and now its just getting really annoying for me. Everytime I try, it just comes up with an error code and blames it on MCCC. My mod is fully updated and on my old laptop this never happened with my game. Has anyone else got an issue like this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rachael3807
I haven't been able to call for services in my game for a long time and now its just getting really annoying for me. Everytime I try, it just comes up with an error code and blames it on MCCC. My mod is fully updated and on my old laptop this never happened with my game. Has anyone else got an issue like this?

MC Command Center is just telling you the game generated a Last Exception. The game is not blaming MC Command Center. What's happening is you have some outdated mod or custom content causing your problem. It's definitely not caused by MC Command Center, because I have households in my game using the maid, nanny, and so on and I use MC Command Center.

You can take your LE to the General Support Discord for MC Command Center, but they'll tell you to do the 50/50 method and sort out the bad item or mod causing your problem. I know they'll also tell you that your problem is not caused by MC Command Center. Because it's not. What MC Command Center does is just trap the error generated by the game. You'd still have the error even without MC Command Center, but you wouldn't get a notification for it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
MC Command Center is just telling you the game generated a Last Exception. The game is not blaming MC Command Center. What's happening is you have some outdated mod or custom content causing your problem. It's definitely not caused by MC Command Center, because I have households in my game using the maid, nanny, and so on and I use MC Command Center.

You can take your LE to the General Support Discord for MC Command Center, but they'll tell you to do the 50/50 method and sort out the bad item or mod causing your problem. I know they'll also tell you that your problem is not caused by MC Command Center. Because it's not. What MC Command Center does is just trap the error generated by the game. You'd still have the error even without MC Command Center, but you wouldn't get a notification for it.

Damn, its gonna take a long time to go through everything, I have more than 3.5k mods/cc. Thanks though.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rachael3807
Damn, its gonna take a long time to go through everything, I have more than 3.5k mods/cc. Thanks though.

That's the price we pay unfortunately when we use mods and custom content. So it's something you've gotta get used to.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:04 PM
just narrow it down to your ts4script files, it's bound to one of those, and that shouldn't take you forever.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
just narrow it down to your ts4script files, it's bound to one of those, and that shouldn't take you forever.

Um, don't underestimate the power of a bad piece of custom content to break things that you wouldn't expect. I'm speaking from personal experience here.

Let's see, I had a rug that broke the search function in Build/Buy. That one took me forever to find and I couldn't believe it was caused by a rug of all things. And then there was the piece of clutter converted from the Sims 3 Store that caused all my Dine Out booths to disappear. Those are two examples from my Sims 4 game that I can immediately think of off the top of my head.

Not just script mods have the power to wreak havoc in Sims 4. In my experience custom content has been more of a problem for me, I know I only listed two examples, but it's late and I'm tired, so I'm just saying this person needs to go through everything they have. If they can take the time to download over 3500 pieces of player made content into their game, then it's their responsibility to take of their game and accept the consequences.

If I were to hazard a guess though, I'd say they have something modifying phones in their game that's broken or a mod that alters service Sims.

In my case, though, this is why I've ditched around 90% of my custom content and mods and I'm very selective now about what goes into my game, because I got tired of the headaches after patching each month.