Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 1:55 PM
Reviving this thread to show what's been happening in my game with Sim Sample.

Sim's constant companion is Ozzy the Obsessed Fan. It's like a love story!

Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 4:38 PM
Some of those images really bring back some memories. I remember loving the token and prize feature at the big beach holiday place. It was always quite a challenge since Sim needs go down so fast. They'd have to spend their entire holiday glued to those game machines.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 5:32 PM
I love the prizes too- the guinea pig Sim got has a 'remember' feature on it, so that he can reminisce about his terrible holiday! The guy on the ticket redeeming counter is one of my favourites- I love his hair and body mesh. Robert Aria is another of my favourites- he's the male sound recorder in the bottom right of my first image. He has a cockney accent, and simlish in cockney is so funny. 'Glippy, gloppy, gloopy. Aye!'
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:57 PM
I spent the morning playing with my favorite Sim family, The Yankeys.
Young John plays with his train set before dinner. Mom comes home from playing with the kids in kindergarten and draws a warm bath. Father and son have lengthy discussions about John's teddy bear. Little John takes a day off from school to play video games.

The Yankeys do some renovations and add a second bathroom to their home. The bathroom will be primarily for young John, but is also conveniently located off the kitchen.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:02 PM
Dad buys Mom a canning station, hoping she'll improve her cooking skills (Mom has plans to have Dad do some canning soon, too, as soon as she's gotten the hang of it). John invites Jennifer Pleasant over for a play date.

John and Jennifer share many secretive and giggle-producing secrets while Mom and Dad discuss party ideas. Jennifer stays for a dinner of Sim grub.

Who left garbage on their perfectly manicured suburban lawn?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:09 PM
Great pictures, VerDeTerre! I always avoided playing sim kids in Sims 1, since they were pretty much perma-kids. However, I'm having Sim Sample learn magic and I seem to remember children can learn a spell to grow into adults, so maybe I'll take a chance sometime!

Remember duels?

Sim needs to make some elderberry nectar to get a rubber chicken from Apothecary Todd. So he's taken up gardening!

He tried snake charming too:

Claire the Bear likes the garden ornament:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:26 PM
Thanks, simpsample, I'm enjoying all of your pictures as well. You're inspiring me to look for a photo-sharing site online so that I can post bigger shots. This particular family is based off of the one I first inherited from my son, which was how I got hooked into The Sims in the first place. My son had overspent on moving and trying to renovate before his Sims had enough funds and the family was in a sad state. They didn't want to go to work, they didn't like each other, they weren't clean enough, rested enough, skilled enough, or amused enough. The son kept missing the school bus and wouldn't get out of his own way. My son was going to abandon them, so I asked him to give them to me. I've remade this family over many times, trying new strategies to make up for my initial mistakes with them and to improve their lives.

Personally, I love the Sim kids. They're so cute and they provide a lot of help around the home in the way of watering plants and adding to the friendship requirement for their parents through their own friendships. Before pets, I would make a single adult Sim with a child because the adult could meet all of their social needs with the child and the child helped out a lot around the house. Sim kids can use magic to become adults, but, just like real life, there's no turning back once that happens.

I never got the hang of duels! I know there's a guide online somewhere. The thing that always stumped me in Magic Town was the graveyard puzzle. Have you ever solved that?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 1:09 PM
What a nice story, about how you rescued those sims! I 'stole' Sim Sample from my daughter- he was originally a 'disposable' sim who tested out the lots she built for Vacation Island. If you got a chair in the wrong place, a sim could die! And Sim Sample was that poor sim. Although I've tortured him far more than she ever did!

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I never got the hang of duels! I know there's a guide online somewhere. The thing that always stumped me in Magic Town was the graveyard puzzle. Have you ever solved that?

I made some images to help with the duels:

I kinda wish they'd made the duels random like they did with the studio town items- although it is always handy to be able to earn magicoins quickly. I always duel Vicky Vampire as you get more coins for beating her.

The graveyard challenge is easy to beat once you know the method. It's just nine stones in a 3X3 grid, and if you touch one it reverses it's position (i.e, raises if it is down or lowers if it is up). Trouble is, the stones around it reverse as well. You have to arrange the stones so that they are all up- it's pretty easy to get the hang of, but more difficult is getting the challenge in the first place. You have to talk to the vendors on the lot, and they keep giving me the 'disperse clouds' challenge! I'll try to get some pictures of it in action when I get given the challenge.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 1:36 PM
I liked the fact that it was possible to learn how to do the duels, and was disappointed that witch duels aren't a thing in Sims 2. Ditto magic shows, of both kinds. Those were my favorite ways to make magiccoins.

I never, ever, ever figured out even what you were supposed to accomplish for the graveyard! I got it more often than I wanted it and eventually just gave up. The cloud dispersal one came up too often for me, too. It was do-able, but a bit tedious.

The trouble with the kids-grow-up spell was that you got a completely random head. The only kid I ever grew up, Magick Lantern, was the little girl with the sandy-haired bob; she grew up into a head with a sailor hat and a scar, which was very disorienting. And of course she couldn't move out on her own. I would have had to create a sim for her to move out with, and the neighborhood was as full as it could get, with no place for her to go. Ultimately the staticness of the sims' lives, without either aging or death, was the reason I finally went to Sims2. If life doesn't change, what's the point?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:53 PM
So the Mashuga's had a kid, however this thing(?) has been driving Marie and Frankie crazy, not to mention ones own self too. Forgot how annoying babies are in TS1.

...Just "grow up" already Seywt.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#36 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:52 PM
Babies are actually pretty easy. When they cry - feed play sing feed play sing, back in crib till they cry again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Babies are actually pretty easy. When they cry - feed play sing feed play sing, back in crib till they cry again.

I learned early on that the babies in my game hated to be played with. It was always Feed, then as many Sings as the queue would hold until the little demons would fall asleep.
*shudder* To this day, I jump at the sound of the baby cry from TS1. It ranks right up there with the fire alarm and danger alert music.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#38 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
It ranks right up there with the fire alarm and danger alert music.

Page 2 of 2