Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:53 PM
Do you have to many other programs running in the background? That can cause this. Close any browser. I usually disconnect the internet from the computer by signing out of the wifi. My computer is just a 940 MX card Laptop I mean it's waaay inferior to yours and I'm not having problems like yours the game still run well on medium-high settings. Even 2-3 seconds to load high poly Sim models is a rare occurence for me so I honestly don't understand how such a powerful card is giving you problems. Also keep the game in offline mode like Gargoyle cat said.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Huh?

I have one of these. Since I'm not a computer whiz by any stretch of the imagination, feel free to read further specs if you want more info. It has a 1080, Windows 10, a NVidia card and 16 gigs of RAM. I don't have problems with sims loading, issues with water being on super high, ect...

The thing I don't do is play with my system online. Come to think of it, it has never been online as there is no reason to do so. My game is installed from disk and I use my old, dinosaur Windoze 7 system to putz around online as that is about all it can handle.

OP: This is a really primitive question as that's how I roll when it comes to this stuff, but have you tried playing your game offline? If so, does it make any difference?

Pics just because...

Yeah, you've got a big one, like mine - mine's an HP but pretty much the same loadout.

Like I said, and Griz also said, it's usually the game that's the issue here; not the computer. I don't play online, either. No reason to.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:49 AM
I'm going to try that, nitromon.

I'm just going by what the CLA says when my game crashes on me (I'm not the OP but I get graphical issues as well).

Sorry if I sounded stupid at times, it's just what my experience with my comp and the game is (and I have an issue where I don't express myself well in any language, fun times. LOL)

Dead Ringers
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:34 AM
I generally just wait for it to load thru but hey, if this works.

I have absolutely no idea on software/GPU stuff. Now, I can take apart a laptop or desktop and put it back together/upgrade, but when it comes to software, I'm a dummy. I'll check to see if I'm running Vsync (I don't think I am, because I use the FPS limiter from MATY) and I'd have no idea how to put a cache on the ramdisk. I always clear the 5 cache packages after every game; a habit I developed on a much slower, older computer. Guess I shouldn't?

Dead Ringers
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Vsync and fps limiter are not related. They're separate. Here's a short explanation: https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...335#post5429335

Follow this tutorial: https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548125

Don't clear your cache unless you have an error. Erasing the cache means it has to be filled up again, this lags the game and causes textures to load slowly.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Dead Ringers
Page 2 of 2