Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:06 PM Last edited by beosboxboy : 8th Nov 2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: added quote from SynapticSim; corrected spelling
WARNING! Pets EP Body Shop includes meshes with packaged Sims
Some of you probably already knew this but it is new to me. Forgive me if this has already be stated elsewhere in MTS2.

WARNING!

Pets EP Body Shop may include custom body and hair mesh files in the Sims2Pack -- even after un-installing Pets EP your Body Shop for earlier EPs may continue to include clothing and hair meshes. It isn't a "bug" if it is done by design is it?

It was only a matter of time before this came into effect. It was already the case for commercial and residential lots. That's why I have been so anti-exchange from day one. If you have uploaded any Sims to the Exchange - I strongly encourage you to delete those Sim post haste to avoid fly-back from mesh creators for stealing their meshes. Yes, I know it isn't your fault, but not everyone will care.

I strongly encourage all Sim makers to check their uploaded Sims made with the Pets EP version of Body Shop for the presence of meshes. In almost every instance this has been the case.

It is also in almost every instance a violation of the terms of use by mesh creators.

What I recommend is using SynapticSim's method:
Quote: Originally posted by SynapticSim
Step 1: Create a .sims2pack in Body Shop

Step 2: Open .sims2pack with Sims2Pack Clean Installer.

Step 3: Choose what files you want installed in the .RAR (This would be where you remove meshes if you have Pets installed)

Step 4: Click Install, and under select Download sub-folder and select a folder. (For this I put a sub-folder in the Downloads folder called "RAR Sub-folder") Click "Install" and then "Okay" to close Sims2Pack Clean Installer.

Step 5: Navigate to the sub-folder you used, select all the files, right click and select "Add to rar Sub-folder (or Name of Folder you used).RAR" Then you can use that .RAR for uploading. Be sure to delete the contents of the rar Sub-folder before each new packaging.

NOTICE TO MESH CREATORS:

Please try to understand that this is not the fault of the Sim model creators. This "bug" was only recently brought to my attention, but as I state above, it isn't a bug if it is done by design by Electronic Arts.

The blame for any copyright violation or terms of use violation or theft of intellectual property lies solely upon Electronic Arts. I strongly encourage all custom content makers to make "DO NOT UPLOAD TO THE EXCHANGE" part of your terms of use statement at once.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 7:04 AM
so ea is trying to steal our stuff now?
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 10:17 PM
I just came across this when I was trying to upload a Sim, and got rejected. Their reason was: "Pretty sim, but please make sure you actually pack your sim as a sims2pack file, not a group of .package files, so she'll install properly." So how can I package her up as a sims2pack file, and not just the group of zipped files? If I go back into Body Shop, it'll just include the meshes again. This is (obviously) my first time doing this. Maybe I should just stick to writing stories. lol

*~* Beans *~*
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beosboxboy
What I recommend is using SynapticSim's method:

An archive zip o rar with a gruop of .package files? Uhmmmm there is an other method. I think is better to re-package a new Sims2Pack without the meshes.
And it's easy to make a new Sims2Pack.

Quote: Originally posted by ridge6
So how can I package her up as a sims2pack file, and not just the group of zipped files? If I go back into Body Shop, it'll just include the meshes again.

- Export your sim by BS. It'll include all the custom meshes.( I hate this!)

- Open the Sims2Pack with the Sims2Pack CleanInstaller.

- Search all the files of the custom meshes and deselect them

- Clik on Save as......

- Select the folder where you like to save the new file.

Now these steps are more important to get your new Sim2Pack works fine! Pay Attention, please.

1- In the Select filename dialog, enter a filename for the new .Sims2pack . Attention: ONLY the name, without format!

2- In the Save as dialog DON'T PUT ANYTHING! Leave it empty!

- Click Save

3- Now close the Sims2Pack CleanInstaller: clik Cancel or the red cross on the right top window. Don't close with OK or other bottons.

I don't know why, but the only way I find to get a new correct Sims2Pack is to follow the spets 1-2-3 as I explain.

If you open the new Sims2Pack you'll see that it includes all the files requered without the custom meshes.
Try your new Sims2Pack. Make sure it works fine before sharing it.
Hope this help you.

Sorry for my english

Are we sure this i s a really "bug"......? Perhaps they made this on purpose

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 4:06 PM
It was perfect. Thank you!

*~* Beans *~*
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims