Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#15876 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That is what happens, when you remove the CC it reverts to what the CC was made from.

I know, I usually try to avoid CC-heavy lots because of this but sometimes I let a few slide pass and regret it. That's why I asked if there's a way to delete all objects at once on a lot instead of by hand

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15877 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:54 AM
I believe there's an option in the Clean Installer to strip all the furniture when installing a lot. That's probably the closest you'll get.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#15878 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I believe there's an option in the Clean Installer to strip all the furniture when installing a lot. That's probably the closest you'll get.

I've been using that option recently, but I haven't checked if all of the furniture had been removed (I haven't gotten around to renovate all of the lots I downloaded yet). I guess I'll have to deal with deleting 500 wind chimes

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15879 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM
I don't know about the lots you have there, but personally, if a lot has 500 pieces of CC I often find once removed that the lot wasn't special in any way because it was the CC making it special. There are exceptions to this of course, but mostly no.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15880 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 1:55 AM
^ Unless it's a special lot (school, hospital, etc.) I usually prefer minimal CC for the lots I download, because then I don't get distracted and can more easily look at the floor plan and I can also decorate the way I want it to be. Most of the time there's a lot of CC I don't want/need included in those houses, and there's always some little bugger that flashes blue or turns into a random mesh, and then I have to go looking for that piece of CC, and so forth.
Mad Poster
#15881 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 2:00 AM
I once downloaded a lot that contained a custom piece of furniture that had a glitched GUID and overrode the Maxis object it was cloned from. Since I also had downloaded the fixed version, it took me months to figure out. Now I try to stay away from lots with CC whenever I can.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15882 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:09 AM
How many chairs there are in total, from and for every pack?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#15883 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:20 AM
I haven't had natural twins in 32 Sim births (the only ones were the Pleasant twins where I adjusted the number with the pregnancy adjuster)....is there something wrong with my game? I haven't installed any mods lately or anything.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#15884 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:07 AM
Dang man, half my sim births are twins. Maybe try making a sim couple who are poor on a tiny lot with no room...that always seems to work!
Mad Poster
#15885 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Dang man, half my sim births are twins. Maybe try making a sim couple who are poor on a tiny lot with no room...that always seems to work!

While they're fertile, my couples invariably have at least 2 and most of the time 3 or 4! I tell you, they're just natural pixel producers! Give them a couch and 3 days later you're rebuilding the house!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15886 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:04 AM
Statistical clusters are normal, but it's possible that something about your playstyle is making the randomizer less random even than usual. Try rolling the pacifier a few times at the start of every session, see if you start getting more birth variety.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15887 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:57 AM
How do I get rid of the creepy painted-on eyes that were left behind when I removed CC eyes that sims were wearing? I changed the DNA in SimPE, but this did not seem to change the actual appearance of either sim who currently has the broken eyes.
Inventor
#15888 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:02 AM
How do I get rid of the creepy painted-on eyes that were left behind when I removed CC eyes that sims were wearing? I changed the DNA in SimPE, but this did not seem to change the actual appearance of either sim who currently has the broken eyes.

Did you try changing their appearance (via mirror or other means)? Their new eyes are usually accounted for afterwards.
Mad Poster
#15889 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Did you try changing their appearance (via mirror or other means)? Their new eyes are usually accounted for afterwards.

I did, and it did not help. I even tried the plastic surgery option on the sim blender.
Inventor
#15890 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:10 AM
I did, and it did not help. I even tried the plastic surgery option on the sim blender.

Oh, wait - did you edit the eye color in Age Data as well? I remember having to change that to the expressed eye GUID.

Edit: From http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/16:
Quote:
While viewing the Sim Description of the Sim you want to modify, Click on the “More” button and select “Open Character File”. When this is loaded, in the top left pane click on “Age Data”, then in the top right pane click on “Age Data”. At the bottom you should now have a list of values, including “eyecolor (dtString)”. Click on that value you want to change, and in the right portion of the bottom window change the “value” to the GUID of the eye you want to use.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15891 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:22 AM
Yes, you need to do both the DNA and the character file and make sure to do commit and save. Most times you still need to take your sim to the mirror for it to show up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15892 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:46 AM
Trying to extract a sim, realized problem was with my SimPE; downloaded a "new"one (version 0.72.01c).Get error "only works up to Mansion * Gardens; detected newer EP". Really? but it worked; the path others had given me now actually WORK!. Then BodyShop won't open. Thinking I could re-install it, I made it go away. Only then did I look for a BodyShop .exe. Ha not exists. So now I need to DOWNLOAD BodyShop - I see a number of them, like Sims2Body Shop 7.45 from PHPNUKE. Can someone tell me what I SHOULD download?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15893 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:47 AM
73.44 for everyone is the latest. https://sims.ambertation.de/en/ Are you downloading SimPE from the proper site?

Bodyshop comes with your game. If you have M&G go Start (on win7) all programs> EA GAMES> Mansion&Gardens Stuff fodler> Body Shop. Might help to right click and run as Admin. Also if you have a good amount of CC BS can take a long time to load and may look like it isn't working. Use task manager look in processes and it will show up in there before actually showing a loading screen. or under C drive in the install files, you will find it in the CSbin.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15894 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:34 AM
Is it normal that some wants (or specifically the "Obtain a Pet" want) cannot be force-fulfilled with ctrl + click? The family obtained a pet - they adopted a wolf. I didn't expect the want to be automatically fulfilled, but thought I could just force-fulfill it, and that isn't working. I do have debug mode on, and I was able to force-fulfill a "Meet Someone New" want on a different sim in the household, but the "Obtain a Pet" want appears to be immune.
Mad Poster
#15895 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:11 AM
@Rosawyn - I call those sticky wants. Oddly enough, upon reloading the lot or something they turn out to have rolled away and are completely different wants. Never figured out why it happens.

Mad Poster
#15896 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:51 AM
Default Creating faily relationships between NPCs?
I have a restaurant host called Colby Tsang. There is a waitress called Marion Tsang, and a playable (who was originally a Downtownie) called Audrey Tsang. I tend to think of Colby as the father of the two younger women, and am now wondering if it would be quite safe to make them related by setting relationships and family ties in SimPE. As far as I can recall the restaurant staff (hosts, waiters and chefs) are all "safe" NPCs. While I'm at it, I notice I have two restaurant chefs called Phoebe and Justin McGaw, and I'm tempted to make them wife and husband. Does anyone think there is any possible danger in me doing this? I've created similar relationships between townies in the past, with no problems at all, but I'm always a little wary when it comes to NPCs.

By the way all the Sims I've mentioned by name here are Maxis Sims that came with Downtown (but of course the game has randomised their names).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15897 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 2:12 PM
I don't think the chefs have full character data. I certainly never see them as walkbys or customers even in hoods in development that have townie/NPC creation majorly restricted, which tends to bring the NPCs out of the woodwork. So I'd leave the chefs alone and only fiddle with the waiters and hosts.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15898 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:06 PM
73.44 for everyone is the latest. https://sims.ambertation.de/en/ Are you downloading SimPE from the proper site?

Bodyshop comes with your game. If you have M&G go Start (on win7) all programs> EA GAMES> Mansion&Gardens Stuff fodler> Body Shop. Might help to right click and run as Admin. Also if you have a good amount of CC BS can take a long time to load and may look like it isn't working. Use task manager look in processes and it will show up in there before actually showing a loading screen. or under C drive in the install files, you will find it in the CSbin.

=============
I did download SimPE from that site, but got another version because of so many comments about problems with newer version; but per your advice I will the latest one and see.
Thanks, I did find & re-install Body Shop - and boy does it look different from what I HAD!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#15899 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:44 PM
I've discovered "Cyjon's Debugger" and I don't know if it will work with the FFS Debugger or if we should only have one of them. Some options on Cyjon's Debugger are things I find I could use in my game.

Cyjon says his compliments FFS Debugger but what does that mean? If anyone can clear it up for me, I'll be grateful! :p

Thanks!
Alchemist
#15900 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 11th Nov 2018 at 5:50 PM.

My version of SimPE is 0.75.1.31194. It's here. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319
Page 636 of 1339