Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:16 PM
Default Can you steal a boat? Ideas please
Hello simmers
I'm working on an adventure in Isla Paradiso and I'm editing the town. It's a survival kind of adventure and one of my rules is that you can't enter buy/build mode. My household starts in a lot in the island where the science lab is.
I want my sims in order to be able to visit other islands to have a boat. But I can't steal one, it's like they cannot reach it. Any ideas of how to work around it maybe?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:24 PM
Maybe give them a boat so they have one in their inventory, pretending they stole it from the first island?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maybe give them a boat so they have one in their inventory, pretending they stole it from the first island?

I thought that as a solution that one of them has a boat and only that sim can use it. I just want to add some difficulty in my game to be challenging you know. It's not like I'm planning to have them walk to a location and steal a boat anyways. They have to first unlock the place, by finding items.
Site Helper
#4 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:37 PM
Probably more than can easily be set up, but I'm good at complicating things that don't need to be:
Build a chamber with a locked door.
Inside the chamber is a named WA dive well which is linked to a second named dive well on an inaccessible island with the boat. (I forget if you can use Move Objects to put a dive well into a swimming pool, but I know you can use Move Objects to add fountain sprays if you want to disguise its nature a bit. (And don't forget CAST and changing the color of the water...)

When your sim has found enough items to allow them to dive through the "fountain" you can change the category of the lock. (Although I think it requires Go Here from NRAAS if you want to specify sims for this door instead of simply "lock for all but me." )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook