Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 3:27 AM
Default Want to make a hack
Hey guys, I'm completely new to modding/hacking TS2, but I really want to hack the behavior of the Need bars for my own personal use. I have quite a bit of programming experience so that's not a problem there, but I just don't know where to start in terms of how to actually go about hacking the Need bars. What tools/program should I use for this?

Sorry if this sounds newbish, but I can't find direct info on this. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 9:11 PM
I suggest you take a look at some of the simple BHAV programming tutorials Category:Sims_2_Tutorialswikito get you started with using SimPEwiki. Then when you are comfortable making a mod/hack you can look into changing the needs bars - known as motives. You get at them though Sims 2 Variableswiki, either (0x0E) My Motive or (0x0F) Stack Object's Motive, which has sub fields for each of the needs.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims