Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 7:54 PM
I did get my game to run, but it's always weird how convoluted the pathway is. Thanks for asking. If you are prompted for permissions on "important changes", I think that means that you are not set as THE administrator. There's a couple of administrator levels. I'm glad your game works so nicely for you now. Each time I want to play, I have to go through the programs menu and "play as an Administrator" or the game won't save. Not sure why. Could Windows 7 be the difference?

You may be onto something with the Deluxe addition. There do seem to be some special issues with it, although I always have problems with my Living Large disk. I always add Deluxe later just because that's the way I got the disks in the first place. I remember how burned I felt when they came out with that edition and offered extra content on it and those of us who had the game for a while were not offered anything. Enough people complained and EA offered a small amount off the price of it for those who had the game already. All is now on the computer now and I'm working on getting my favorite downloads installed, and playing a corporate Sim through the few uninhabited houses in the original game before copying Neighborhood 1 onto Neighborhood 3. I've noticed that if I don't do some play in each house, not all the houses copy over. This doesn't affect the houses that came with Unleashed, but it's true of the original few in Neighborhoods 1 and 2.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:36 AM
If Deluxe, or Double Deluxe Contains the base game, and you are also installing a regular base game first, maybe the issue is the installation of 2 base games? (One , the base game, the other part of double deluxe) ? Although someone else was installing double deluxe first, then the remaining expansions, and they also had problems. The OP of this thread I think.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 1:49 AM
Yes, we're thinking there's an issue with Deluxe outside of all the issues of compatibility with newer computers. As I've said, this is about the 4th computer that I've installed all of the games on and the issues just get funkier each time. I don't believe there's an issue with installing Deluxe over the base game. It just adds more content.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#29 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 12:52 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 1st Oct 2012 at 1:06 PM.
I bought deluxe when it came out, and like you VerDeTerre, was a bit miffed to be buying the games again just for the extra items (which I don't recall being that great in the end anyway)
I have no problems with TS1, but I'm running it on xp, so perhaps you're right and it's the OS causing the problems rather than the installation.
It's the reason I hate moving to a new OS, so many games that suddenly don't work as they should anymore
Saying that, when I installed deluxe, I uninstalled the originals first and just used deluxe, then the EP's in the correct order. I don't remember if there were any hard and fast rules about doing it that way for deluxe, but I do remember Sims 1 ep's had to be installed in order or you'd get problems with it. I still haven't got used to the ability to install sims 3 eps in any order you want, and still religiously install and store the discs by order of release. I think sims 2 was the same, any order would do.
Perhaps when you're installing deluxe over the top of later eps, you're overwriting a file or files that are newer?
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:19 PM
Hi, Windows 7 Is a Nightmare for me too. There are Also These Things Might help too, I haven't Played sims 1 for a while BUT I have had problems with sims 2 On My new windows 7 computer. Click this on properties too as It Uses different graphics.
Click On properties, Then Compatibility and Click These 2 Things also:
Disable Visual Themes
and
Disable display scaling On High DPI settings.
Always Click On short Cut and Then advanced and Run as administrator too. AND If you have trouble with clicking windows XP service Pack 3 try service Pack 2.
AND always Make sure you use the Tool sims eraser when you try to re-Install the game and Make sure you do this about 10 Times Literally , as It can Not always erase everything needed for a clean Installation.
Make sure everything In your sims 1 Folder is Gone and Nothing is left behind, after saving everything you still want to keep Of course. always make a back Up too.
sometimes a Bad Object can Muck about IF Its still left so Never add anything back Into the downloads before you actually Fire the game Up as a clean Installation.
I used to Make sure I ran through all the areas and Played with a Family On each before I ever added anything CC to My game.
I Must admit I do Have to keep deleting My cache In sims 2 , But as I haven't Played My sims 1 for a while I can't remember If there are any Files that Might get corrupted by Windows 7.
As It corrupts My sims 2 game almost every time I try to Load It Up. sadly These game aren't actually compatible with windows 7 ,But There are Little ways around It, Mentioned By everyone here.
Again Back everything Up as soon as you do the New Install.
I MUST admit I have Older games that I can't get to Install No Matter what I do with them On windows 7 .
Although Like Others I have the complete collection, so I don't really Know about Doing the separate Expansions.
I would suggest that you do the Base game and Then Make sure everything Is clicked for Compatibility and THEN try to do your Other expansions after, Hope It helps. Make sure after you do This that after every expansion that They are clicked still On Properties. Doing The base game First SHOULD help you do the Others .

edited found something that Might be Of help to you
OH FOR YOU LADIES HAVING TROUBLE:
I just found This after Looking for something else
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...installing.html
Site Helper
#31 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilacsim
OH FOR YOU LADIES HAVING TROUBLE:
You mean this solution won't work for men, or for women who aren't ladies?
Page 2 of 2