Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:29 PM
Taking photos with FRAPS
Hi! Don’t know if this is the right forum to ask this question, so feel free to move it if it’s not.

I downloaded the free version of Fraps, because I’ve read that it makes taking photos of your game much easier and you don’t have to go in and out of the game with print screen.

It worked great, however I discovered that once I hit TAB to get a full screen, I couldn’t reverse it.

Any one uses this program and can give me any tips? I might need to tick some options in the program that I’m missing ….

Any help would be much apreciated - and Thanks in advance ! :P

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 6:17 PM
Default Fraps
U can take pics with Sims by pressing "C" and the last taken picture can be seen in EA Games/ The Sims 2/Storytelling... but only the last taken pic. and with fraps u can save the images straight to the folder u want. I put the hotkey to prt scr so when i press it in the game it will take a pic and save it...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 6:25 PM
I'm guessing the hotkey for taking a pic in FRAPS is defaulting to TAB. You should be able to go into the options and change it to something different - like Roadstar suggests, Print Screen is a good one, and that should likely fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:32 PM
Have a look at this:
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

Great freeware which should suit all needs.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 11:56 AM
Thanks! Actually, the hot key was F10, so that was not the problem...

I'm going to try your program xanathon. Thanks for the tip!

When all Courage is necessary, all Hope is justified!

To know something about me read: this interview
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 4:52 PM
Here is another free screen capture program called screenhunter, just in case.
I use this program myself, works great.

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:13 PM
Hm, seems to me that the free version is quite limited...

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM Last edited by SiaMaria : 10th Jul 2007 at 2:07 PM.
I also have the free version of fraps. My problem is this- my BMP screenies all show up as black. Blank. Nothing there. What is going on?

I may try some of the other programs linked if I can't fix this, I need teh screenies! :D

Screenhunter seems sweet- but how do I remove the bars and stuff and just get the picture?

Yes, I am a noob. But I can't find these answers anywhere, unless I'm blind too. :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 11:01 AM
http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good one, too. it saves high quality, too.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 8:33 PM
unless it's a hidden feature, I don't see multiple screen captures (or making any at all) listed at irfanview. Not looking for a graphics editor, but for something that will take multiple screenshots w/o people having to get in and out of the game.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:26 PM
It's got screen capture features, I know what is being looked for. I also use it for movie screen captures. (another thing in which it would be a major pain to print screen/paste)

Here, see?

(also, I capped those in Infranview with the settings in that last picture.)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:39 PM Last edited by rhldavies : 6th Aug 2007 at 5:44 PM.
I use a program called 'Giggles'. It's totally free and easy to use. I used it for another online game called www.there.com, for which it was made.

It can take multiple screenshots, without exiting the game, and all you have to do is press the 'Print Screen' button. It will save the screenshot as a jpg. file in a folder.

The folder is easy to access by loading the program window and clicking 'Screen Shots'.

The only annoying thing about the program which I have been unable to disable is the 'sound' the screenshot makes, which is that of a camera clicking.

Other than that, it works like a gem. Just thought I'd share it with you.

P.S.

Unfortunatly, the site in which it originated from is down at the moment. But I have found another site where the file is hosted.

Just click the link and download the program straight to your desktop:-

http://www.thumdar.com/files/Giggles.zip

Thanks for your time!

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:34 AM
Default I have a problem taking pictures
Whenever I take pictures of my sims, the screen is black as in... nothing is seen just a picture frame and something black in the center. I cant even see the faces of my sims in the blue thingy in the left side... what should i do?
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:11 PM
I use Gadwin Printscreen. It seems to work the best for me and other Simmers. It's really easy to use, You can just press whatever hotkey you choose to make it take the screen shots at, and you wont have to exit the game/whatever you're doing! :] I loveee it! http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
I suggest it to any Simmers who want high quality pictures, someone showed Gadwin to me, and I was like OMG! =]
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:32 AM
oh this thread is just what i was looking for! Many programs, but i think im gonna try gadwin..

- Im just me -
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 7:14 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 1:52 AM
In Fraps, just press F10 twice. In Sims 2 F10 hides the bars in the game. I always end up taking two pictures but no matter....fraps works great for me.