Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:02 PM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 13th Jul 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Default Your favorite Sims 1 Expansion Pack?
Yeah, we all knew a thread like this was going to come along eventually. So, what's your favorite Expansion Pack, and may I ask why it is your favorite?

My personal favorite would most likely be Superstar. I love how well that EP captured the life of the rich and famous, and I can't forget the awesome music in studio town's build and buy modes.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 2:10 PM
I love unleashed (love of animals) & Superstar (I just love the whole feel of the game)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:30 PM
Well, when I first got the game, I got the Complete Collection, so I've never really had a chance to experience each EP separately. But I personally love Vacation. I think it's a totally underrated EP (same with BV for TS2). I love taking my sims on vacation, especially in the snowy resort.
Theorist
#4 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:36 PM
Makin' Magic, without a doubt. I loved the quirky take on magic in it and the whole feel of Magic Town. Superstar was pretty good too though.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:39 PM
Makin' Magic and Unleashed! I love those ones, but I never play it anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:45 PM
Malkin magic it was awesome!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:50 PM
Vacation (on holiday), Hot date and unleashed

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:44 PM
On Holiday (Vacation in US), Hot Date and Superstar :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:48 PM
All of them. I can't imagine playing the Sims without my singer which dog-owner sim who spends half her time on vacation and and the other half Downtown! The only one I didn't really use was the party pack because it was the last one I picked up.
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:56 PM
I cant pick one! Its either Hot Date or Superstar, with Unleashed right after
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:04 PM Last edited by SimmingSince7 : 18th Jul 2012 at 3:56 AM.
Makin' Magic, Unleashed, and Vacation.. in no order.
Even though I never got to play Unleashed. xD

edit: Whoops. I meant to say Unleashed was the only one I got to play. I so close to playing Vacation, but my dad made us take it back because he couldn't figure out how to download it. I also liked Superstar, which I did get to play.
Alchemist
#12 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:19 PM
Hot Date was probably my favourite. I recall really loving the downtown neighbourhood and all the new romantic crap. Livin' Large was also exciting and made a very good game even better.

I also had and enjoyed House Party. Unleashed was alright - probably my least favourite of the ones mentioned which is the case with TS2 expansions as well. I never got around to obtaining Vacation, Superstar, or Makin' Magic. I think my dad got tired of buying them for me.
Inventor
#13 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:18 AM
I can't pick just one, but my faves are Makin' Magic, Vacation, Superstar, Hot date & Unleashed.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 12:34 AM
I think Superstar was one of those you either loved or hated. I hated it. It always amazes me when people say they loved it. Still, it's very popular and y'all must have got something out of it I didn't which is my loss. Anyway, I probably got the most out of Unleashed because of the expansion of the neighbourhood, the pets and everything else that came with it (and my Goth Snr obsession, of course). I loved the pets. I also liked MM but only played it a really short time before TS2 was released and so don't feel I got as much out of it. I never played TS1 again and even though I've loved seeing all the pictures and reading all the discussion that's popped up on here since the opening of the board, I still don't want to. I liked all the EPs though. I made a lot more use of Vacation than I do of BV. I had a really nice airport lot (just the terminal building) with a hacked object that allowed your sims to set off for their vacation from there. It even came with a little object mod that produced an aircraft taking off sound. I remember that quite clearly. I modded TS1 to death too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:33 AM
It's gotta be Livin' Large. 1st EP and think of all the missing content without it! It's the first one to expand beyond the few little houses that were available. It was the template for all EP's. I just think the first is the best!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 9:02 AM
You've reminded me koololdster that there were no community lots to start with were there? Was it Hot Date that added that idea?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Was it Hot Date that added that idea?

Correct, Hot Date introduced the community lot ability.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 4:02 PM
Maxon, you are correct. So I would add Hot Date for the community aspect. It's amazing how limited the original Sims was without any EP's!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 6:06 PM
All of them, from Living Large which was just awesome with all those new objects (so fresh), through all others that added tons of fun to game, to Making Magic that is so great. I loved going on dates, vacations, buying pets, being star, everything. But the greatest fun I guess I had with Vacations and Making Magic. And Hot Date. And... all the others. Man, I just can't pick one or even two.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 6:55 PM
If I had to pick JUST ONE, I would pick Superstar, but Vacation and Hot Date wouldn't be far behind.

Andy: This year for Christmas, everyone's getting a handshake and an I.O.U.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:05 AM
Makin' Magic, Superstar, and Hot Date. No order.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 4:38 AM
Easy: Makin' Magic is in the number 1 slot across all games for me (1, 2, and 3). :D

For TS1 alone, it'd be followed by Unleashed, I think. Those + Vacation are, like, the trifecta of what I'd choose if I could only have three Sims 1 games installed, since they pair well (vintage magic circus, spooky classy New Orleans, fun carnival games). But then there's wonderful, wonderful things about the others, too...
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:28 AM
Makin' Magic for me, too. I love the whole theme idea, and gothy/antique is the way for me. Unleashed is probably a close second, for the classic New Orleans feel to it.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 5:17 AM
I played with Double Deluxe and the only expansion I ever lusted after was Unleashed. So I've never played without the capacities enabled by Hot Date and Living Large; and I loved the pets and the gardening. But then someone gave me the Complete Collection, and suddenly there were groceries! And community lots sims could go to by themselves!

I never liked Superstar much.Way too hard to keep those stars going - my celebrity sims had to go to Studiotown every day, and the things they had to do got old very quickly for me, plus they lost track of their families and friends in the neighborhood. I never did get anybody all the way to superstar. Reflecting the pressures of the celebrity life, though, the only serious affair I ever played in Sims1 was between two celebrity sims. Minerva was a Strange who married a sim of my making; Fabio was a Townie, ditto. When their families got prosperous I decided I'd work on Superstar with the two of them, and they met each other regularly on Superstar lots and got to be excellent friends. So when I discovered you had the option to rock the trailer, I let them do it. Every time it happened, though, they'd get chance cards about having to pay off a blackmailer, so it was a really expensive affair!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#25 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 6:21 AM
I really enjoyed the gameplay of Hot Date, Superstar, and Makin' Magic the most. Between those three it's hard to say which I like most but if I had to, it would be Hot Date. It introduced leaving home and lots of interactions. I probably played it the most.

I think TS1 expansions were the best! I can't think of any TS2 or TS3 EPs I enjoyed as much as the three I just listed.
Page 1 of 4