Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:50 PM
Default Are there any very bad things you can do in The Sims game?
I'm asking because when I started playing again back in 2007 I got the " cannot enter lot message ". This was the Goth lot and I had done a major redo of their home and did delete the graves. I did get the lot bulldozed and the family into to the bin. I put them on another lot and made them a new home and played them for quite some time and that lot got the "cannot enter lot message" . I thought maybe it was that computer so I started The Sims on another computer. Well, after playing the Goths and reworking the home again on that computer I exited the lot and the game. The next time I started the game and tried to enter the Goth lot I got the "cannot enter lot" message again. I moved on to The Sims 2. I started playing The Sims again several months back. It was two nights ago that I got up the nerve to touch the Goth lot again. So far so good for now but I haven't got them past a full night yet. Maybe the Goth family and me were not to be. Actually, looking back the only thing the two computers had in common was the same anti virus program and that was AVG. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM
I've often wondered how lots go wrong myself. It seems like more than just a coincidence since it took place with the same scenario on two different computers. Do you have any custom content installed? I thought that it could lead to that problem and have it in my memory that bad content makes the game unplayable, but don't quite remember. I've had lots go buggy before and my only solution has been to put the lot into the game again (I always keep a back up).

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:26 AM
Try turning off the anti-virus. If you don't have the internet open at the same time, it can't hurt.

The only thing I know for sure breaks a sims1 lot is moving or deleting the mailbox. That means the bills won't come, but the house will still keep track of how many there should be, and treat the family as delinquent.

Another thing that could happen was, that you could lose more skill points than the sim had, after which he would never be able to advance that skill again. That sucked hard!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:05 PM
I played the Goth family quite a while yesterday evening and so far so good. I do have anti virus off while playing now and I don't use AVG anymore. I do have cc but it's what I use to have. The game pretty much lets you know right away if you got some bad content. I'd like to ask another question however. Is it truley allright to get rid of the grave stones? (I haven't yet) I really am so over those ghosts. Thank so much, Regi
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 8:24 PM
As far as I know, it's not a big deal to delete a gravestone in the Sims 1. There isn't the same memory thing happening in this game as there is in Sims 2.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:15 PM
After the first night they have settled down so I'll leave them alone for now. I had ghosts coming out of the woodwork that night. Thank you again, Regi