Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 10:34 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 12th Dec 2015 at 12:50 AM.
Default TS1 Deluxe/Unleashed and Windows 8
I have managed to successfully install TS1 Deluxe on Win 8.1, but the game will not boot up when I double-click the icon and no CD movement is heard. I heard Complete Collection works well with 8.1, but I don't want to shell out $25 for it. Will installing Unleashed fix this? Or will I have to plunk some money down? thanks.

Edit: Installed unleashed. Game still won't run. UGHHHH :'''( I wanted to play TS1 so bad but I may as well sell my discs and say goodbye to it.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 12:38 PM
Huh. An update to Vista stopped it from playing on my system, so there maybe an update that's killing it on yours? Just a thought. There are other possibilities, too.

I have to remove KB3086255 to get my game to play.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 2:19 PM
How can I remove an update? I read on CTO that updates can stop the game from playing.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 3:12 PM
This is a microsoft update, if you're playing on windows. It has to do with the ...security thing against property theft, added by Maxis/EA back in the day. That's the best I understand it. If you look at your updates, via control panel, you can use Ctrl + F to match the number, if you have this update.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 11:17 PM Last edited by AmandieLove : 12th Dec 2015 at 11:29 PM.
I found the area to uninstall updates... Uninstalling that one then trying game. I want to uninstall the minimal number of updates (since I read other updates can mess up things too) so my computer doesn't BFBVFS.

ETA: My game came up and I screamed in joy so loud my mom thought I was dying!

Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 4:21 AM
According to some, you should reinstall or re-make it work some how and disable it. I don't really understand it. Maybe you can figure it out and explain what to do. I realize that by not having that update, my computer is at a risk for bad stuff. I consider that risk reasonably small, in light of the fact that I can play The Sims.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM
TS1 isn't playing anymore so I assume that update snuck back in when I restarted my computer. Yippee. Looking for it now.

Edit: Update is in there... But not for long! Mwahaha.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:20 AM
You might have updates automatically enabled. Mine have to ask permission.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:28 AM
I'd rather remove this update every day than turn off automatic updates and make a big security risk.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 8:42 PM
That sounds like a good idea.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 12:52 AM
This sounds like a stupid idea, but try playing it in Compatibility Mode, if you have not tried that out yet.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
This sounds like a stupid idea, but try playing it in Compatibility Mode, if you have not tried that out yet.
Did you read through the thread?

Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 7:02 PM
I had the same problem and was about to ask around. Thanks for the advice on how to fix this.