Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:04 AM
Default Beds and espresso machines in community lots
A few computers ago, when The Sims 1 was all I played, I had both hacked objects and utilities that allowed me to modify objects I downloaded. This allowed me to stick usable beds and coffee machines in Studio Town/Downtown/etc lots, which is useful for Superstar given how quickly Sims run out of energy. I even had a hotel/restaurant lot using that. I recently got the Sims working on one of my older machines, but have not yet remembered how I managed to get useable beds downtown. I've found copies of both the Sims Transmogifier and Sims Hot Date Object Editor, and have cloned a version of both a bed and the espresso machine to play with, but haven't found the program that allowed me to enabled use of the object on community lots. Is anyone out there using objects like this or can remember the program?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 3:40 PM
I believe you need SEObjectMgr to modify the object to make it appear in community area.
But I don't think beds can actually be used... There's more steps to do. It's kinda complex.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:06 AM
If you're not married to espresso or beds for the motives help, are you familiar with Inge Jones' awesome modded objects at Simlogical? The whole site is basically a treasure trove of awesomeness, and she has motive/skilling objects right here...
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/motives.htm

There are power-nap recliners, motive-refilling port-a-potties, potted plants that will raise/freeze motives for everyone on the lot... One of these items may be able to help your aspiring Superstars.

Also... is the program you're looking for IffPencil? Or IffPencil2? I wasn't able to find a copy of the program(s) in a quick search, but Inge has a tutorial for 2 on that same page above, and there's a lot more how-to-hack info at woobsha.com
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liz
If you're not married to espresso or beds for the motives help, are you familiar with Inge Jones' awesome modded objects at Simlogical? The whole site is basically a treasure trove of awesomeness, and she has motive/skilling objects right here...
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/motives.htm

There are power-nap recliners, motive-refilling port-a-potties, potted plants that will raise/freeze motives for everyone on the lot... One of these items may be able to help your aspiring Superstars.

Also... is the program you're looking for IffPencil? Or IffPencil2? I wasn't able to find a copy of the program(s) in a quick search, but Inge has a tutorial for 2 on that same page above, and there's a lot more how-to-hack info at woobsha.com

Thanks! Definitely not married to them...just trying to remember what I used back in the day. I remembered SimLogical, but was so focused on the beds and espresso machines I didn't pause to consider anything else.