Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:49 AM Last edited by zystem : 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:42 PM. Reason: Solved!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Even when using Clean Install, house still won't properly install.
Yesterday I tried downloading a house, specifically a house called "Japanese Style House" by "CASSIS" on Tumblr. The user stated that the University expansion is required. This is no problem for me since I have the Ultimate Collection version of the game. (For those unaware, this includes every stuff and expansion pack of the game)
I tried installing the house using the built-in installer and it said that it requires a pack I do not have. That is.... clearly false.
So, I took to Google and found the Sim2Pack Clean Installer. While it did install the house to my game, it will not let me play a household in the house, only edit the house. The original poster said that University is required for the shower, so I went into Clean Install and made it install without the shower and even that didn't work.
I even tried recreating the house itself from scratch but I'm not so good at that either, lol.

Does anyone know what is going on? Am I wrong in the case of expansions/stuff packs? Is there something I really AM missing? Or is this just the fault of the uploader (who I do not blame at all.)
I love this house and I don't want to give up on it so easily.

Edit: I might have a reason why it is acting strange. The house, for some odd reason, does not come with a trashcan or mailbox. Could that be any cause?

Edit2: Last night I discovered why I could not properly play the lot: no trashcan or mailbox! Once I put them in the lot, everything was good to go. Thank you EVERYONE who replied and helped out!!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:56 AM
Always use Clean Installer not the game installer. Check it over in CI for hacks as well as unwanted items. Lots on MTS are checked, elsewhere they are not. be very careful of Tumblr houses unless you trust and know the creator.

Send it to the teleport folder, open the game and it will be in the house bin.

never download a house with sims or graves.

Once installed I would use Chris Hatche's new Lot Compressor to make sure it is clean of sim references unless you trust the creator.

So you can't move sims into the house?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Always use Clean Installer not the game installer. Check it over in CI for hacks as well as unwanted items. Lots on MTS are checked, elsewhere they are not. be very careful of Tumblr houses unless you trust and know the creator.

Send it to the teleport folder, open the game and it will be in the house bin.

never download a house with sims or graves.

Once installed I would use Chris Hatche's new Lot Compressor to make sure it is clean of sim references unless you trust the creator.

So you can't move sims into the house?

Physically, I can. I can select them from the bin and move them in. But the second the loading screen is finished, it brings me to a screen where I can only edit the house. I cannot select the family members (because they are not there for some odd reason)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:11 AM
Does this lot have a mailbox? If it doesn't you have invisible sims. You can solve that with one of the safe downloadable mailboxes. My guess is they started the lot as a community lot, changed the zoning and forgot to add a downloadable mailbox.

There is one on here and one on dream a lot which are both safe. The one on dream a lot will stop the M&G mailbox recolours showing though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:03 PM
She said it's missing a mailbox - that's the problem I think. You can try placing buyable versions of those OP.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:26 PM
Either it wasn't there before or I didn't read.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413573 is the one from here. It's a bit hard to find.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM
Ya - I think she edited the post.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:27 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:39 PM.
"Sim A Little Dream A Lot" has a buyable mailbox and trash can that go in your Downloads folder. (Sophie-David doesn't appear to have a replacement trash can.)
http://daydream58.com/S2hacked.htm

EDIT: I found another buyable trash can here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=118071
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does this lot have a mailbox? If it doesn't you have invisible sims. You can solve that with one of the safe downloadable mailboxes. My guess is they started the lot as a community lot, changed the zoning and forgot to add a downloadable mailbox.

There is one on here and one on dream a lot which are both safe. The one on dream a lot will stop the M&G mailbox recolours showing though.

I’m only just now seeing this reply.
You are correct. Once I placed a mailbox in, everything started working. Thank you