Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 2:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default lot and sims dissapeared
Well, today I created a new neighborhood for "random" gameplay as opposed to my main hood where I follow strict rules and stuff like that. I created two Sims separately in CAS and moved them into an empty lot that I had previously plopped down. I played for a couple of Sim-days but then the game crashed. A few hours later I restarted the game and the family and the lot are gone. The family is not in the bin, nor in the occupied houses in the lots part of the catalog.

I know the wiki says that it could be a sign of neighborhood corruption if you have disappearing lots and sims but I literally created the sims today and I didn't do anything weird-- I swear. Could lots and sims disappear because I never really closed the game properly (it crashed)?

btw, I'm pretty sure it crashed because I played without exiting the game for too long as opposed to having a bad piece of CC or anything like that - but I was wondering: do any of you know if it's possible for sims and lots to disappear due to a bad mod or bad cc? I haven't installed any new mods lately; the only thing I recently installed where deco objects.

I'd like to make clear that I'm neither particularly attached to the lost sims or the lot or the neighborhood at all. I'm mostly looking for other's opinions on what caused all this and if I should be worried for my main hood.

Okay and sorry for the long post, I babble too much!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 2:48 AM
Are you sure the lot isn't exactly where you placed it, but just "invisible" because it is still an empty lot, with both sims living on it? That's what I would expect to happen if you closed without saving in this case, and a crash would be pretty much closing without saving.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:17 AM
I would guess the crash corrupted the lot. I would run Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:51 AM
woah, I'm sorry! I always forget about the important stuff. I should've had clarified that. I did save the game multiple times with the floppy disk icon. The lot is really not there, I mean it:

I ran hoodchecker and opened the neighborhood with Simpe. Hoodchecker had the two Sims I created each with a relationship error instance (invalid relationship with self), but I think that those are not the worst thing ever, right? As for Simpe, the two Sims are in the... part that lists all the Sims that I don't remember the name. All the information seems to be correct (job, relationship level, etc) and corresponds with the last time I saved the game before it crashed. However the lot, I think, is not in the list of lots. I had a couple of empty bare lots in the neighborhood with random names so I don't really remember where they lived for sure sure.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
Well, today I created a new neighborhood for "random" gameplay as opposed to my main hood where I follow strict rules and stuff like that. I created two Sims separately in CAS and moved them into an empty lot that I had previously plopped down. I played for a couple of Sim-days but then the game crashed. A few hours later I restarted the game and the family and the lot are gone. The family is not in the bin, nor in the occupied houses in the lots part of the catalog.

I know the wiki says that it could be a sign of neighborhood corruption if you have disappearing lots and sims but I literally created the sims today and I didn't do anything weird-- I swear. Could lots and sims disappear because I never really closed the game properly (it crashed)?

btw, I'm pretty sure it crashed because I played without exiting the game for too long as opposed to having a bad piece of CC or anything like that - but I was wondering: do any of you know if it's possible for sims and lots to disappear due to a bad mod or bad cc? I haven't installed any new mods lately; the only thing I recently installed where deco objects.

I'd like to make clear that I'm neither particularly attached to the lost sims or the lot or the neighborhood at all. I'm mostly looking for other's opinions on what caused all this and if I should be worried for my main hood.

Okay and sorry for the long post, I babble too much!

Hello! A similar thing happened to me a few days ago, here on modthesims there is still my topic open if you want to see, anyway I want to try to help you, premise that only a sim has disappeared to me... (and in a different way)

1) If you open SimPE your sim appear? If they appear can you make a screen?
2) You have MAC or Windows?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 4:16 PM Last edited by cows : 5th Aug 2018 at 4:34 PM.
Well, that's spooky! I'm on Windows 7. The Sims and family appear on SimPE just fine and I compared the entries to some of my families in my most played hood (0% problems there) and I don't see anything abnormal. I'll attach some pictures soon.

I've been wondering if the problem could be the terrain. It's a custom one I downloaded and where I plopped the lots is a bit of a small, weird sector. Never heard of such a thing, but at this point...

EDIT: I'd like to say that I've been played my main hood (0% problems there) yesterday and I saved with the floppy disk and then it crashed. I opened the game again and there were no missing sims or lots. I'm now thinking that I might have moved and plopped down the wrong version of residential lot that I created and one of the versions I used for testing the lot and moved a sim to it...
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:30 AM
Well, that's spooky! I'm on Windows 7. The Sims and family appear on SimPE just fine and I compared the entries to some of my families in my most played hood (0% problems there) and I don't see anything abnormal. I'll attach some pictures soon.

I've been wondering if the problem could be the terrain. It's a custom one I downloaded and where I plopped the lots is a bit of a small, weird sector. Never heard of such a thing, but at this point...

EDIT: I'd like to say that I've been played my main hood (0% problems there) yesterday and I saved with the floppy disk and then it crashed. I opened the game again and there were no missing sims or lots. I'm now thinking that I might have moved and plopped down the wrong version of residential lot that I created and one of the versions I used for testing the lot and moved a sim to it...

1. I have to do the fatal question: do you use mod? If yes, please do a list of them, maybe one of them can cause this annoying glitch

2. Do you use CC? I know, it's absurd but even one of them can cause crash. I had plants that were not made to be compatible with Seasons and every time it snowed my game crashed...

If it's a mod or a single cc you can find the culprit with this program ( LINK )

3. Only recently thanks to Chris I understood how to better understand SimPE and I want to give you some examples:

If your sim appear in SimPE with gray background, family instance 0x000(random number) and unlinked 0x0000 they are ok

BUT if yor sim appear in SimPE with blue background, family instance 0x000 and unlinked 0x0001 or more than 1 they're gone and the game will read them as a sim without data.

In this case there are two ways to bring them back into the game:

1. Edit the code in SimPE (it is not absolutely recommended because they could appear corrupt, deformed and could corrupt the entire neighborhood)

2. Extract them from simpe, load them in bodyshop, clone them in bodyshop and use the clones in game by creating them from create a sim (do a backup before trying this method)

In any case, if you don't want these sims again, create new ones!

As for the neighborhood, I have never downloaded empty custom neighborhood, but I know that put the lots is really annoying because they must have a certain size per area. Maybe it's like you say, maybe for a bug you put the lot, maybe then the game read it as a non-playable area and the game has eliminated everything...

You can always scan the neighborhood with THIS program to see if you have corrupted something but it is really strange, I have Windows 8.1 and I have also disappeared a sim, as I said, but the lot was not corrupt, and even the neighborhood It seems to me fine...

They say this problem often happens with MAC users, but now I have my doubts

P.S: It could very well be that the neighborhood itself is corrupt of its own, do you know how many times by exporting a neighborhood from SimPE the neighborhood gets corrupted for no reason? In that case nothing can be done...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:47 AM

@Xirem26 Thank you for the screenshots. I guess the 0x01 is the problem?

I have a ton of CC and mods but as I said I play just fine with 0% errors (so far - I pray) in my main hood. In your other thread of the mods you listed the ones I don't have are Chris Angel and Nurse, inSIMnator, Simsky UnivEducation, T&A-SkillGainFix, ALL LBF. On the rest we coincide, but those are popular mods that everyone has so I find it hard to believe it could be the mods.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:29 AM

@Xirem26 Thank you for the screenshots. I guess the 0x01 is the problem?

I have a ton of CC and mods but as I said I play just fine with 0% errors (so far - I pray) in my main hood. In your other thread of the mods you listed the ones I don't have are Chris Angel and Nurse, inSIMnator, Simsky UnivEducation, T&A-SkillGainFix, ALL LBF. On the rest we coincide, but those are popular mods that everyone has so I find it hard to believe it could be the mods.

Family instance it's ok, means that the sim is present in a family, it would have been a problem if it had been 0x0000
See? Every family in the game have a number and not only many zero...

You should check something else ... click on various, if unlinked it's 0x0001 means that your sim is no longer read by the game and that is a hidden sim like Bella Goth
Screenshots