Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CEPs, Collections, and Other Conundrums
I need advice more than actual OMG!-my-game-is-borked help, but this isn't exactly a WCIF either; I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place.

1) For many years there was The One CEP (One CEP to colour them all, and in the folders find them...). Now there are literally dozens of CEPs scattered all over the place, and several break existing recolours. Is there a CEP database, like there is for defaults? If the documentation/description does not say, is there a way to know before installing whether or not it breaks pre-existing recolours?

2) I just recently reinstalled my game, and I am working diligently to rigorously pare and organise my old downloads folder. I had many items in convenient collections but, to my dismay, I discovered many look like this: 0x0cfda4ac.package, and I have no idea what they are collections of. How can I find out? If it's a collection I want to keep in part, but not in its entirety, there a way to edit them?

3) Related to both of the above, ARTWORK. Is there a database that lists all the ingame meshes that have been completely reworked and which ones work together? I'm talking about remeshes like Feast of Frames and Clutter-A-Holic's BV poster. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by maxon : 6th Aug 2018 at 2:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
2) I just recently reinstalled my game, and I am working diligently to rigorously pare and organise my old downloads folder. I had many items in convenient collections but, to my dismay, I discovered many look like this: 0x0cfda4ac.package, and I have no idea what they are collections of. How can I find out? If it's a collection I want to keep in part, but not in its entirety, there a way to edit them?

I don't know if the collection maker will read the name of the collection and let you rename it -?* The way I do it is open the collection in SimPE to check which one it is and then rename the file. Bit long-winded if you have a lot. Unfortunately, Clean Installer doesn't show you the internal name for collections - that's my go to renamer most of the time. Though it will show you the icon. If you can recognise the collection from its icon (I use a lot of custom icons so this works often for me), you can then use the programme to rename the file.

edit: *ok I just checked (reinstalled that again - been a while). The Collection Creator will let you edit collections and save them (with a new name) but not rename them - which is a shame. But this might be what you are looking for. You could go through your collections and resave them with a name you will recognise. You can also change the icon if you want to and edit contents in and out (be warned though, it's not always easy to tell what the listed items are). It's by JFade and is over at DJS: http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=5

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:43 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Aug 2018 at 1:09 PM.
1) The CEP 9 is the main download, and you need this to make the ingame items it covers recolorable. All other CEPs are CEPextras, and unless otherwise stated in the download they're usually meant to compliment the original CEP download by adding recolorability or adding more recolorable subsets to more objects. Yes, some of them are going to break existing recolors, but you can choose not to download them. You should always read about the download before downloading, to find out what they do (some creators offer up recolors for the extra subsets). If you find they don't work for you, those extra CEPextras can be safely deleted, and things should go back to normal.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
edit: *ok I just checked (reinstalled that again - been a while). The Collection Creator will let you edit collections and save them (with a new name) but not rename them - which is a shame. But this might be what you are looking for. You could go through your collections and resave them with a name you will recognise. You can also change the icon if you want to and edit contents in and out (be warned though, it's not always easy to tell what the listed items are). It's by JFade and is over at DJS: http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=5

Definitely a place to start! Thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:19 PM
Oh thanks for that Simmer22 - I was wondering where all these other CEPs were.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:14 PM
2) For collections, you can also open SimPE and have a look at the "jpg/tga/png image" or the [Text Lists] resource. If you recognize either the text or the picture, you can rename the collection to something more sensible. Collection files can be renamed.

3) Don't know of any, but I wish there was. It's getting harder to find the modified artwork meshes, and an overview would've been great to have.