Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:32 AM
Default Sims 2 or Sims 3?
I'm not really sure if this is in the right place because this is my first debate and I know the other topics are more 'serious', so if this is in the wrong place just tell me and I'll try and move it wherever it needs to go.
Ok, so the basic question is: Sims 2 or Sims 3? Which do you prefer and for what reason (maybe you prefer to play one and film with the other)?
Let the debate commence
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 12:05 PM
I think you'd be better off in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=400366

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 5:25 PM
Of course, most people in the Sims 2 Discussion forum probably prefer Sims 2. I think that there may be a similar thread in the Sims 3 Discussion forum, where most people will prefer Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Of course, most people in the Sims 2 Discussion forum probably prefer Sims 2. I think that there may be a similar thread in the Sims 3 Discussion forum, where most people will prefer Sims 3.

Well, yeah, but the people in the Sims 3 discussion would be wrong then, wouldn't they? TS2 is obviously better!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:34 PM
If you say something to say that Sims 2 is better over there then watch the disagrees coming rolling in.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM
I love both games and I won't change my opinion with the realising of TS4 in 2 weeks . Both games are very funny and pleasant to play and every pro ts2 and ts3 reasons are fine and true for me.
Yeah I don't really brings something new to the debate , I am the voice of every both players who never complain about the games themselves except when crashes occur. I hope I am not the only one who is thinking of the same in the community.I am completely in peace while I am playing the one or the other game.
Theorist
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:39 PM
I like pie.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:48 AM
I like Sims 2 the best because I've put the most time into it and because it was such a clear and visible improvement over my first Sims game (guess) that it wiped out nostalgia for that one. That and it doesn't make my computer explode. Results may vary!
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TakatoGuil
I like Sims 2 the best because I've put the most time into it and because it was such a clear and visible improvement over my first Sims game (guess) that it wiped out nostalgia for that one. That and it doesn't make my computer explode. Results may vary!

No, cookies are definitely better.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:23 PM
It's true, if this goes in a Sims 2 thread or a Sims 3 thread, the discussion is weighted towards the players in that thread. Where is the neutral ground? I, too, enjoy both Sims 2 and 3 and even Sims 1. I feel no need to say one is better than the other.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:17 PM
I prefer sims 2. I was a huge fan of the game. Sims 3 i dont like the way the sims look like and it's so buggy... But what I think that make The Sims 2 really better is the humor... idk... sims 2 makes me laugh in many situations.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:13 AM
Sims 2. Maybe I'll always have a soft spot towards the game I spent my entire middle school life playing, but let's face it...the sims 2 still has the best mod community.