Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Jul 2018 at 5:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Turning Off Free Will No Longer Works.
I usually turn free will off when I am shooting screenshots for a story, it keeps my sims from wandering off. But for some reason it no longer seems to make any difference. I send two sims to a particular location, so that I can shoot a scene there, they both obey, but by the time the second one arrives the first one is wandering off some place, or even heading back home. At other times they're wanting to watch the local wild life, watch TV. or start water balloon fights. At one point, when I wanted two of my sims to be crossing a lake by boat, they hadn't got more than half way before one of them decided he wanted to go home and was over the side and swimming for shore before I could stop him. I made several attempts at that, and each time the same thing happened. The problem is making it nearly impossible for me to complete shooting the chapter I am working on.

I've tried turning free will back on and then off again but it makes no difference. Since the problem only started recently I uninstalled my more recently installed mods, but that doesn't help either. I think the whole thing is just broken somehow. Any suggestions as to how I could fix it?

Oh, and there's another problem I've noticed just lately too. I don't know if it is related in any way to the first problem, but sims are getting stuck with moodlets that don't time out. Two of them had a negative moodlet from encountering spoiled food on their home lot, but when I sent them to a nearby community lot they still had it and it wouldn't go away, even though there was certainly no spoiled food either on that lot or in their inventories. I've had that happen before, but it was a while back and I can't remember how I fixed it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM
I can't help with the free will, because I tend to even leave it on for pictures and either let the sims decide what's going to happen in the circumstances I put them into or lock them into position with a pose from the pose player, but I solved stuck moodlets by using a moodlet manager over and over until it was gone. (TCE and clicking them gone would probably do the same thing.) I have no idea what caused them, but they finally stopped on their own. (or at least, I have no idea why they stopped, either...)

(None of this actually addresses the root of the problem, but it might serve as a work-around.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook