Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Question regarding Sims 3 install
Hi. I have Intel Core i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70ghz MSI computer. It had two drives C & D. 120GB on C and 913GB on D. Problem is with all the other programs on C, I am running out of space. They can't be moved, but I am hoping that Sims 3 can be if I remove it and reinstall it from Origin. I know reinstall will take at least 6 hours, so I don't want to uninstall and find out it was a waste of time because origin won't install Sims 3 on D drive. Anyone know for sure that I will have no problem?
Please only answer if you are absolutely certain.

Thank you for reading
Thanks for answering
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:41 PM Last edited by igazor : 27th Jul 2018 at 6:22 PM.
When a C drive is that small, it's really only meant for Windows and systems related programs (I would put anti-virus/anti-malware there for instance). All other programs really should be installed on D, not just TS3. Windows requires a fair amount of free space, at least 15% of the drive or 35 GB are good guidelines, in order to maneuver properly. Installed programs cannot be moved exactly, but they can be reinstalled in a new location. You would want to create a directory/subfolder on D first, as just D:\ would typically not be a valid install location.

In addition, you would want to redirect your user Documents folder/library to D at the Windows level. That way your user game folders, among other things you may have in Documents, do not take up valuable space. The below is for Win 10, but it has info for 7/8.1 linked to it as well.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/302...-partition.html

If C is an SSD and D is not, there are some who will make an exception for TS3 and find a way to keep that one program installed on C while still redirecting Documents as TS3 does benefit from being on an SSD where this is feasible and enough free space is maintained.