Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Final exam problem...
Hi guys.

So I was playing a uni dorm lot with four of my sims. Two of them had the 'their final exam is 1 hour' etc message so sent them off. However when they returned from their final exams, error boxes appeared for both of them, the error being 'Bad gosub tree number'. I reset both sims and as a result they have been stuck in a 'final exam in process' situtation and repeated messages pop up for them telling me that they've missed their final exams, with their performance meters both dropping to zero. I have tried to send them again and again and while no error box now pops up, they return again having apparently missed their exams. I had testingcheatsenabled on at the time of the inital error message popping up.

After this, the two other sims on the lot also left for their final exams. When they both returned, one continued into her next semester as normal and the other had the same issue as the two previous sims, only without the error box this time.

I have every EP installed with some stuff packs, and have several mods including inteenimator which admittedly was not up to date when the errors occurred, however has been updated since to no avail. I have also removed recently added mods to see if these were the issue, but again no joy. I have also moved the sims out and back into the lot to see if this would recitfy the situation. I have had no previous issues with either this lot, or the process of final exams before so I am very confused (and annoyed, bye bye dream career paths simmies!)!

If anyone could please offer any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:30 PM
Did you try the Game Problem FAQ?

Bad gosub tree number is usually a mod problem.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:32 PM
If this is consistent, you can troubleshoot it for bad cc or whatever next time they take a final. Remember, it doesn't have to make sense to be CC!

The only final exam problem I ever had was a sim who would take the exam successfully but continually revert to the start of Senior year. I eventually had to spawn the semester tester to graduate him. Never found out what it was, but I also never tried very hard, since it was in Drama Acres, which I know is corrupted, so I seldom bother to troubleshoot there anymore.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Did you try the Game Problem FAQ?

Bad gosub tree number is usually a mod problem.

Not quite sure where to find that, I've not really used the forum here before...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If this is consistent, you can troubleshoot it for bad cc or whatever next time they take a final. Remember, it doesn't have to make sense to be CC!

The only final exam problem I ever had was a sim who would take the exam successfully but continually revert to the start of Senior year. I eventually had to spawn the semester tester to graduate him. Never found out what it was, but I also never tried very hard, since it was in Drama Acres, which I know is corrupted, so I seldom bother to troubleshoot there anymore.

How would I troubleshoot?

I had such a little narrative plan for these sims so it's bugging me
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 12:06 AM
This is what they're talking about: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem

Within that (specifically here) there's a method called the "50/50" method. It's used to track down problem CC, and it's really the only way to do it. Your problem is most likely a mod conflict, as Bulbizarre said, so you can probably find your problem child just by 50/50ing your mods only.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 8:28 PM
Resolved! Tidied up my downloads and removed a couple of mods I wasn’t using anyway - think the problem was a uni mod to do with loans 🙄
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:09 AM
Can you post the error log?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Can you post the error log?

Where would I find that?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:46 PM
Go to Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs, and sort by date modified with the most recent first. If it was the last error your game threw, it should be the first file whose name starts with "ObjectError". Otherwise, you should look through recent files starting with "ObjectError" until you find the right one.