Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Le Carrera : 12th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM.
Default Revamping tomb lots - broken adventures...
I actually like exploring tombs, but unfortunately a lot of the vanilla tombs are bland, and seem painfully rushed and unfinished, in particular the ones in China - the dragon temple is basically nothing but a whole bunch of ridiculously large and empty rooms. So, I've taken to making a lot of edits to them.

I already did a similar thing with some tombs in Egypt. They were built in a different savegame, and I deleted the default lots for my current save and replaced them with my redone ones. However, this seems to have broken the adventure system, as I cannot seem to get any location specific adventures for Egypt to trigger at all. I expanded the default designs of the tombs and absolutely did not touch any of the default switches, chests, dive wells, etc.

So... I'm kind of stumped here. How do I make replacement tomb lots work across different saves? What did I do wrong? Please help!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 8:22 PM
I always considered the tombs a bit of a hurdle, an interesting hurdle though, but I never even got to the track. I found a tutorial for it: https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...ombbuilding.php

Carl seems to know everything. Instinctly I wouldn't touch a tomb, I wouldn't know how to fix issues if I broke anything. You could use it as an opportunity to learn something new though

I just read something about truly hidden panels and switches. Perhaps you're better off making one from scratch?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:56 PM
I think that when you replace the lot with a duplicate, the game gives the lot a different ID. Which is why the default adventures don't work- the expected lots don't exist any more.

What I would do is to completely rebuild the lots, including replacing the original switches. That way you can have a sim explore and complete those tombs, just without the opportunity.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:20 PM
I know that I am very late to that party but I just wanted to add that it is possible to replace a tomb with a copy from the lot bin without breaking the adventures, so the issue here must have a different cause.
Theorist
#5 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:31 PM
I don’t modify the default tomb rooms, apart from maybe removing one slice of wall to make a new passage. From that I expand and make whole new rooms. I basically just expand on what’s there already. I can always tell what areas are mine because they use CC.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?