Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:35 PM
Default Sims not able to eat grilled cheese/ give up cooking certain foods.
Not sure what's causing this, I don't have any food mods that would cause this. For some reason, whenever a sim makes grilled cheese all they can do is clean it up, no eating options. They'll just take out a serving and put it back down. Also I can't cook certain foods. For example the fruitcake, they'll get as far as the batter and then give up making it and I can't get them to resume. I've tried deleting any CC items from the kitchen, repaired with origin, no fix. Has this happened to anyone?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selphie12
Not sure what's causing this, I don't have any food mods that would cause this. For some reason, whenever a sim makes grilled cheese all they can do is clean it up, no eating options. They'll just take out a serving and put it back down. Also I can't cook certain foods. For example the fruitcake, they'll get as far as the batter and then give up making it and I can't get them to resume. I've tried deleting any CC items from the kitchen, repaired with origin, no fix. Has this happened to anyone?

You really need to remove all your mods and then do the 50/50 method to find the culprit. It could be something completely unrelated to cooking. These last patches have not been kind to mods or custom content. Although if you're using custom content kitchen counters, you'll need to download the latest version of Sims 4 Studio and run the batch fix for Cats and Dogs to fix them.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:01 PM
I have discovered that if I have a duplicate mod in my mods folder, cooking and eating problems such as the one you describe happen. Check for duplicates.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:14 PM
This sounds seriously weird but my Chef Sim, who is at level 6 cooking skill can’t cook if there is an extra bed in the house. He simply takes the ingredients out of the fridge and then puts them down on the floor, and stands beside them looking vacant. When I removed the spare bed everything was fine. To check it was the bed I put it back again and tried to get him to cook and once again he couldn’t.