Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:30 PM
That file might be in a location that the app for some reason doesn't recognise. Have you tried moving the whole app folder to, say, your desktop? What about Program Files?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:44 PM Last edited by alverdine : 9th Jul 2016 at 8:14 PM.
Weird. Did you set ReShade Assistant to have admin privileges ?

GrijzePilion what happened with UIMask? Haven't tried it yet myself.
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That file might be in a location that the app for some reason doesn't recognise. Have you tried moving the whole app folder to, say, your desktop? What about Program Files?

That is my program files lol wouldn't moving the whole game file to my desktop mess up my game?
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Weird. Did you set ReShade Assistant to have admin privileges ?

Yep! Reshade had admin privileges
Instructor
Original Poster
#80 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:47 PM
Hmmmm, I don't know - that's an error I haven't seen before. Google, maybe? Or ask on the ReShade forum.

I've moved entire install folders to different locations before and it was fine (although it's not the best method since the registry can get messed up).
I think if you try to move any games installed through Origin you would also need to move the Origin install folder. That's what I did when transporting Steam stuff.
I've decided to not install any games or things that have files modified frequently in either of the Program Files folders since Win 10 is all like "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?", "can't create file here", "I'm a dickhead", etc...
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:54 PM
Hmmmm, I don't know - that's an error I haven't seen before. Google, maybe? Or ask on the ReShade forum.

I've moved entire install folders to different locations before and it was fine (although it's not the best method since the registry can get messed up).
I think if you try to move any games installed through Origin you would also need to move the Origin install folder. That's what I did when transporting Steam stuff.
I've decided to not install any games or things that have files modified frequently in either of the Program Files folders since Win 10 is all like "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?" "can't create file here" "I'm a dickhead" etc...

It won't even let me move the folders to my desktop because it says I have those files open somewhere even though I don't.

Googling didn't help either but thank you. I guess I'm just meant to not use it! :/
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samanthamcewen1
It won't even let me move the folders to my desktop because it says I have those files open somewhere even though I don't.

Googling didn't help either but thank you. I guess I'm just meant to not use it! :/

When that happens and you don't know what the file is still 'open' in, just restart your compy. 60% of the time, it works, every time.
Test Subject
#83 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 8:32 PM
When that happens and you don't know what the file is still 'open' in, just restart your compy. 60% of the time, it works, every time.

I tried moving the folders and it still didn't work :/ oh well. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:52 PM
GrijzePilion what happened with UIMask? Haven't tried it yet myself.

It was supposed to show an option in the app, but I didn't get one. All I would've had to go is go into the game, take a screenshot, outline the UI in GIMP, color it in, then set the exported png as the mask.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
Original Poster
#85 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:14 PM Last edited by alverdine : 9th Jul 2016 at 10:37 PM.
Ohh I'll have to check that out (Unlocker).

Guys here's my test preset ^ some preview screenshots in post #83 ^ Al's Shitty ReShade Test Preset. It's pretty subtle and it's not finished yet - still needs lots of tweaking, esp. DoF's focal point.
Toggle Keys: FXAA = 5, DoF = 6, AO = 7, entire preset = Scroll Lock (handy to compare with the original image).

Pop the folder in ReShade 2.0.3f1\ReShade\Presets

Sometimes the game might load up without FXAA enabled so just toggle it to make sure it's really on.
Make sure in game Edge Smoothing is off.

If you take pics using it or base your own preset around it, tag me or something so I can see (on Tumblr)
Instructor
Original Poster
#86 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
It was supposed to show an option in the app, but I didn't get one. All I would've had to go is go into the game, take a screenshot, outline the UI in GIMP, color it in, then set the exported png as the mask.

There's an existing uiMask.png in ReShade 2.0.3f1/ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Textures, have you tried replacing that file with your edited one?
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 4:07 AM
As to the UI, popups etc. -- does the depth-of-field processing louse those up because they're somehow regarded as being very very distant from the camera? If so, it's too bad... since they occlude everything else, it would have been nice and reasonable if they told your shader that they were in the foreground.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
As to the UI, popups etc. -- does the depth-of-field processing louse those up because they're somehow regarded as being very very distant from the camera? If so, it's too bad... since they occlude everything else, it would have been nice and reasonable if they told your shader that they were in the foreground.

They have the same depth as the stuff that's rendered beneath them. It's totally possible to set a UI mask, but only for static elements - the pie menu would still be blurry as ass.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#89 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 11:33 PM
I tried running Reshade on my computer but it kept crashing. At first I tried it with a few shaders but my game just ended up crashing. I tried launching the game with less shaders - it helped I think because the Reshade text came up at the top of the screen before the game crashed (lol).
Then I came across this tutorial and followed each step - but I couldn't find a FPH limiter for Windowed Borderless Gaming? Is that too bad? My game wouldn't start even when I tried it with both TS3.exe and TS3W.exe.
I think I have a NVIDIA graphics card (not too sure I don't know how to check) but it's not dedicated. I've been trying to research how to tell the difference between a dedicated and a integrated card. Apparently if you right click on your screen and it comes up with 'graphics properties' your card is integated and if it comes up with 'catalyst control center' or 'nvidia option' then it's designated. Mine came up with 'graphics properties' and it took me to an 'Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel'. So now I'm just confused because I thought I had a NVIDIA card (lol).

I'm sorry if this is a bit messy. ; o ; I'd really appreciate it if someone helped me out!
Some extra info: I play on a laptop not a desktop
EDIT: I just checked and my Chip Type is: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and my DAC Type is: Internal. Not sure if this is helpful but I'm trying.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riiisa
I tried running Reshade on my computer but it kept crashing. At first I tried it with a few shaders but my game just ended up crashing. I tried launching the game with less shaders - it helped I think because the Reshade text came up at the top of the screen before the game crashed (lol).
Then I came across this tutorial and followed each step - but I couldn't find a FPH limiter for Windowed Borderless Gaming? Is that too bad? My game wouldn't start even when I tried it with both TS3.exe and TS3W.exe.
I think I have a NVIDIA graphics card (not too sure I don't know how to check) but it's not dedicated. I've been trying to research how to tell the difference between a dedicated and a integrated card. Apparently if you right click on your screen and it comes up with 'graphics properties' your card is integated and if it comes up with 'catalyst control center' or 'nvidia option' then it's designated. Mine came up with 'graphics properties' and it took me to an 'Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel'. So now I'm just confused because I thought I had a NVIDIA card (lol).
I'm sorry if this is a bit messy. ; o ; I'd really appreciate it if someone helped me out!
Some extra info: I play on a laptop not a desktop
EDIT: I just checked and my Chip Type is: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and my DAC Type is: Internal. Not sure if this is helpful but I'm trying.

Bit of a simplistic way of looking at it, but how much did you spend on your laptop? Cheaper laptops often have integrated graphics, more expensive ones mostly have dedicated GPUs.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#91 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:23 AM
@GrijzePilion
I got my laptop about 3 years ago and I had to do a bit of searching but turns out my laptop is a Samsung NP300V5A made in 2012. It probably cost around £300 I'm guessing. Amazon is only listing two used ones for sale one for £400 and other for £527.
That's a lot of money but probably not a lot for a laptop right?
Instructor
Original Poster
#92 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:42 AM
If only one card is listed in either DxDiag or the Device Manager and it's Intel, you have an integrated card only (far as I know Intel don't make dedicated cards). It's likely too much for your GPU to handle and thus the crashing.

It doesn't matter what FPS limiter you get, I use Riva Tuner but there are plenty I'm sure.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:46 AM
@GrijzePilion
I got my laptop about 3 years ago and I had to do a bit of searching but turns out my laptop is a Samsung NP300V5A made in 2012. It probably cost around £300 I'm guessing. Amazon is only listing two used ones for sale one for £400 and other for £527.
That's a lot of money but probably not a lot for a laptop right?

You have Intel HD Graphics 3000 - so, integrated. No surprises there - £300 indeed isn't a lot of money for a laptop, or any kind of computer or mobile device for that matter.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#94 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:46 AM
Is there a way to find out if it is my GPU?

Ah, I guess I'm just too poor then. T^T
EDIT: Do you have any recommendations for a not too expensive good laptop that could probably withstand Reshade?
Mad Poster
#95 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 2:14 PM
Is there a way to find out if it is my GPU?

Ah, I guess I'm just too poor then. T^T
EDIT: Do you have any recommendations for a not too expensive good laptop that could probably withstand Reshade?

I'm no laptop expert, but you can look for gaming laptops under $1000. You're not gonna find anything under $500, and even $750 is a little tight still.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#96 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 4:54 PM
I mean $800 is £600 so I guess that's not too bad.
Thank for your help! ^^ I guess I'm going to have to make do with my game without Reshade for now.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 5:07 PM
I mean $800 is £600 so I guess that's not too bad.
Thank for your help! ^^ I guess I'm going to have to make do with my game without Reshade for now.

For a little peace of mind, consider that computers get more powerful by the year. A £500 computer now can do a whole lot less than a £500 computer in 5 years. My next PC is a lot more expensive than my current one, but even if I hadn't spent a cent more I'd still have a better PC.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:03 PM
Ohh I'll have to check that out (Unlocker).

Guys here's my test preset ^ some preview screenshots in post #83 ^ Al's Shitty ReShade Test Preset. It's pretty subtle and it's not finished yet - still needs lots of tweaking, esp. DoF's focal point.
Toggle Keys: FXAA = 5, DoF = 6, AO = 7, entire preset = Scroll Lock (handy to compare with the original image).

Pop the folder in ReShade 2.0.3f1\ReShade\Presets

Sometimes the game might load up without FXAA enabled so just toggle it to make sure it's really on.
Make sure in game Edge Smoothing is off.

If you take pics using it or base your own preset around it, tag me or something so I can see (on Tumblr)

That is NOT a shitty preset my friend. Thank you for uploading this. I was really getting frustrated, tweaking all the settings. You're awesome.
Instructor
Original Poster
#99 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 9:38 PM
Lol, thank you It makes everything a bit too dark though.

I made a post on Tumblr with screenshots of my settings in the ReShade Assistant, this way you can copy only certain aspects of it if you like.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 4:34 PM
I followed the tutorial and can apply different shader presets, but I can't edit them at all. I don't have any "shader settings" options at all.
Page 4 of 6