Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#26 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 3:32 AM
Putting two objects into the same thumbnail is really simple though -- if you want e.g. your cribs to be all in the same one, just c+p the SwatchGrouping in s4pe if s4s can't edit that. (As long as custom items produce errors it's probably not a good idea to put them into the same thumb with Maxis items though .. people may not be able to distinguish between Maxis and CC and then think they have a game bug when it's actually just a CC issue)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Putting two objects into the same thumbnail is really simple though -- if you want e.g. your cribs to be all in the same one, just c+p the SwatchGrouping in s4pe if s4s can't edit that. (As long as custom items produce errors it's probably not a good idea to put them into the same thumb with Maxis items though .. people may not be able to distinguish between Maxis and CC and then think they have a game bug when it's actually just a CC issue)

Hmm. I'll have to test that out later. I'll just put mine together separate from the originals in case of any issues like you mentioned.

Thanks!
Instructor
#29 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 10:37 PM
Thanks so much @plasticbox! I was able to get the different colors in one thumbnail together. It took me a minute because I couldn't find the Swatch section but then I remembered Inge's wrappers and downloaded the newest ones and then I could see the Swatch section and was able to change it and get it to work right away. This means that now I can go ahead and recolor all those doors I fixed since everyone has been asking for various wood shades! Thanks again!
Alchemist
#30 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:14 AM
Default Sims 4 XML Extractor: Extracts XML tuning
Hi y'all. Sims 4 Studio has recently added basic tuning capabilities. It's a work in progress (feedback is welcome) but here is what it can do so far:

Extract tuning from all available EA combined tuning resources and string tables simultaneously (all EP/GP/FP tuning is extracted at once).

You can choose to extract only the tuning instance you're working with instead of waiting while they're all extracted.

Combined tunings can be auto-loaded rather than having to browse every time. You can create subfolders in the browse location.

You can edit the .xml/tuning resource in Studio's .xml editor and it has syntax highlighting. Alternatively you can export the .xml resource for editing in your preferred editor and then import it back in.

The extracted tuning file retains references to the original tuning file in the form of comments (so that they're optional). This feature is designed to allow modders the choice of whether or not to override a particular tunable element in the hopes that tuning mods made using it will be more patch-compatible.

Studio comes with a hex-dec converter and with a hasher that has hex and decimal options. It also has a check box for the high bit.

Any suggestions for improvement or new features and, especially, comments on something that isn't working right are welcome at Studio Forums
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:10 AM
XML Extracting!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:45 PM
Do I have to register to download studio. When I click on the download page I get, You do not have permission to access this thread. Help please!
Alchemist
#33 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:08 AM
Just as you have to register at this site in order to post or download you also have to register at Sims 4 Studio to post or download. Just as it is here, registration is quick, easy, and free,
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 12:09 AM
I cannot register the captcha never appears :/

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#35 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SirDrake
I cannot register the captcha never appears :/

You could ask at their Facebook page. They've had this problem in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/sims4studio/

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 7:13 PM
They sometimes have various intermittent problems with their site provider, Proboards. You could try waiting a while and then attempt to register again.
Alchemist
#37 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 1:47 AM
Hi SirDrake, I've sent you a PM regarding the issue.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#38 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 8:52 AM
I didn't click disagree on that so that only leaves 3 possibilities. Either SirDrake didn't get a pm, or OM knows she didn't send one after all, or an admin just checked the PM queue. Please don't tell me I have a rival spontaneous disagreer

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#39 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 2:56 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 8th Sep 2016 at 3:31 PM.
Lol, some people disagree out of sheer orneriness. I'm always getting disagrees on my tools etc. posts and don't see what they're objecting to.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Alchemist
#40 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 1:35 PM
Well the issue is sorted now so it's all good
Page 2 of 2