Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:39 PM
How can I replace an object's logo?
Help me, simmers!
I'm quite noob to the TSRW because I've just downloaded this object: http://www.thesimsre...wnloads/1348624 and I wanted to replace the DVD covers with new ones. I've been trying to follow some tutorials but they all tell me to look for material and texture but I can't find them?? really, I thought it would be simpler to just replace the covers with my favourite films but I've been having a really hard time with this. Can someone please help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 2:26 AM
Default Assistance
Quote: Originally posted by mriacg
Help me, simmers!
I'm quite noob to the TSRW because I've just downloaded this object: http://www.thesimsre...wnloads/1348624 and I wanted to replace the DVD covers with new ones. I've been trying to follow some tutorials but they all tell me to look for material and texture but I can't find them?? really, I thought it would be simpler to just replace the covers with my favourite films but I've been having a really hard time with this. Can someone please help me?

I am unfamiliar with the DVD covers you are referring to, but if it is a pkg file, here is the answer.

Don't work on a file while it is in mod folder - make a copy somewhere else to work on, preferably with a different name - add a 0 at the end for example
Using Sims4Studio open the pkg file. (Click My Projects on right and navigate to renamed pkg file)
click warehouse tab at top.
on left scroll down until you see a DST file with the image of the current cover. Left click that line
on the right the image should now be visible and have import and export buttons on bottom of window.

Sims 4 Studio only accepts .dds image files with BC3/DXT5 compression
I use Gimp as image editor and use BC3/DXT5 compression / Generate mipmaps and under advanced Color selection: Luminence
and I have no problems.

I suggest exporting existing file so you can determine size of image and the portion of the image that has your "cover"
Alter image in you photo editor, save as .dds file and import using button mentioned above