Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:54 AM
Default Refresher Needed Please
OK, it has been a while and my brain is rusty. I need some refresher info. please. I am tempted to start a new world and if I do it I want to be able to put it on the exchange. Can worlds on the exchange include CC? I know lots with CC carry the CC and we check and clean with Custard. I have also cleaned worlds with Custard once or twice as they were picking up some installed CC. If I include CC in the lots will the export include that CC and just that CC? And/or I will have to just keep track and check with Custard?

I really do not want to do the mediafire or wherever and do a zip with CC needed. And so many of the sites are now gone or dead, so I would like for folks not to have to gather CC. I was looking at SimsLulamai the other day for example and the links I checked are now kaput. So if I use CC from there I need to provide it. If it could be part of the world file and if EA will accept it, that would be nice.

All help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:41 PM
I don't know about the exchange, but there is a long thread in the discussion forum I made a while ago. There is some links there for luna's things. I also knows uploading luna's things with the upload here on mts is ok.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:16 PM
I do not know if the exchange would even pick up some of the EA free items we got, such as Halloween or other décor? Or even the Riverside objects?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 7:45 AM
I found this. It looks like worlds can contain CC on the exchange. I think if I do this I will start a clean game and put just the CC in which I will use, which wont' be much, and then there will not be baggage in the dcbackup and I can put in the description what CC I have used and advise if not wanted remove with Custard before installation?

A good plan? What have I missed?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...what-are-worlds
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:51 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't believe you can remove CC from neighborhoods/worlds with CUSTARD anymore. As I understand it, you can from lots, etc., but not worlds. It didn't work last time I tried it unless something has changed recently. If you include CC with your world, the downloader will have to go in and manually remove the content from the world and then clean it out of the launcher. Even though it's more work, I'd suggest having the CC in a separate file so that those who don't want it don't have to download it. Of course, you'd want to make a note about how not downloading the CC will affect the playability of the world. This doesn't apply to custom textures used in a world as they go with the world without any problem. I'm talking about objects and so forth.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:31 AM
Sounds like I need to do a test. I will toss some CC in and see if I can pull out of custard or not. Thank you for the warning.

If the world picks up only the CC I want that is good, but I would like for downloaders to have the option to not use it, even though it would totally mess up the look of the world.(!) LOL