Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 1:07 AM
Default Keep My Sims from Drowning
I'm making a Mermaid Trait with The Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory By Zerbu, But, I want my Mermaid to not be able to Drown. Because, they can breath under water. How do I make them not be able to to drown? I don't have Python, OR The Data Tool. I also want them to be able to die from dehydration, can u help me?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
I'm making a Mermaid Trait with The Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory By Zerbu, But, I want my Mermaid to not be able to Drown. Because, they can breath under water. How do I make them not be able to to drown? I don't have Python, OR The Data Tool. I also want them to be able to die from dehydration, can u help me?

Hi! I am not sure how to do it with the trait factory without using the data tool or python, but I'd ask @Aaronj3 who made the Siren Trait. They added some stuff that I didn't know was possible so they might be able to assist you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 1:20 PM
For keeping your sims from drowning, you can just open the death_Drown interaction file (S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000019427.xml) and under test_globals you can blacklist your mermaid trait.

For adding dehydration as a death type, you might actually want the data tool. But the implementation is not that difficult. There's a tunable file named interactions.utils.death and you can add arbitrary entries there. You'll need a ghost trait, too. (That's why you'd want the data tool).