Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 1st May 2017 at 9:52 AM.
Default Help!!!!!
Basically I was cc shopping for sims 4 and I tried loading up my game but an error message popped up reading "cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin." I have deleted the custom content file that it says, I repaired my game and reinstalled it but the same error message still appears when I try and load up the game. Any ideas on how I solve this problem thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:54 PM
I would start by clearing your cache files. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
Instructor
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anns_xx
Basically I was cc shopping for sims 4 and I tried loading up my game but an error message popped up reading "cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via origin." I have deleted the custom content file that it says, I repaired my game and reinstalled it but the same error message still appears when I try and load up the game. Any ideas on how I solve this problem thank you!

Most likely another Custom Content Item or items that is causing the issue.

It can also be the browser you are using to download the Custom Content.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 9:52 AM
Scholar
#5 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:35 AM
I bet something you downloaded is for sims 3 or you have an outdated mod.