Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:03 AM
Default Invisible Stairs
Hello everyone!!

I'm trying to either find some, or create some invisible stairs. It seems random, but after I figured out how to make "in-ground" hot tubs , I wanted to make some invisible stairs so they don't bleed into Sims sat in the tubs.

I am wondering if someone could give me some pointers on how to do this, or, if they are feeling kind enough, make them for me please.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :D
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 1:45 PM
Did you try using TSRW? It has options for creating stairs (I never used them though).

I'd probably advise against making them completely invisible though; that would make them really difficult to use in game .. maybe you could do something like leave the top or bottom step intact, so there is still something one can grab and move?

It's definitely possible in any case; I've produced plenty of invisible stairs when trying to do recolours manually (I guess I borked the reference to the MODL ) .. but those were *completely* invisible so one couldn't see what one's doing in game (I don't think I was able to grab them either), and that probably makes a mess of the routing when you have 27 invisible stairs piled up in all directions. So I'd leave, say, the bottom or top step intact, or have a small part on the side that will be hidden by a wall, or something like that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:28 PM
Thank you.

I was thinking of leaving a small section on the top or bottom step so that it would be easy to grab and delete. I'm going to try TSRW now and see if I can do something with that.

Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
Thank you.

I was thinking of leaving a small section on the top or bottom step so that it would be easy to grab and delete. I'm going to try TSRW now and see if I can do something with that.

you could just have multiple colors of invisible stairs. such as the default color being translucent, then when you place them where you want, simply use the recolor tool to change it to one thats completely invisible.