Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 10:32 PM
Default Yoga instructor?
Is there a mod that would allow you to set up an NPC as a yoga instructor?

Maybe this is just wishful thinkin on my part ... I'm redoin the Pleasantview pool community lot and turnin it into more of an upscale gym/ spa and was tryin to figure how to put in a dance or yoga area.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:10 AM
You could try this:Exercise Class
There is no NPC though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:14 PM
There is possibility that your high skilled playables can earn money from instructing. NPC who instructs are only on hobby lots.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:21 PM
I don't ever go to the hobby lots so didn't even know it existed, however since it does it makes me wonder even more if it could be made into a mod for community lots.

Seems I am forever wantin things that are just outta reach :D
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
You could try this:Exercise Class
There is no NPC though.

I did not even know this item existed, and am actually happy it does not include an NPC. Thank you!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 9:23 PM
What a great find! Also snagged.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:38 AM
One of my sims ran an owned dance studio using the ticket machine. He taught the vacation dances, which the reporter also joined in and wouldn't leave. The sim never got a report on his business but everyone had a blast and he hit rank 10 in no time. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:19 PM
You're welcome! Glad someone can make use of it.
Also, good idea Duine! Never thought of that.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:48 PM Last edited by Rebellina : 30th Apr 2017 at 1:13 PM. Reason: More Info and Links
I was so happy to see this mod (Exercise mod) mentioned, but found that the Dreamcatcher does not show up at all, the TV did not work, and the vase for the Tai Chi made my game super slow. Just a little info in case someone else wants to use it, I am on a Mac and have up to BV.

In a different hood, I use an object by Pandorasims, "Pandorasims-Exclusive-Tai-Qi-Rug.package", I believe I got it from the Booty. It is a rug and people will autonomously start to do Tai Chi. This one works well, but beware that the whole hood will constantly do Tai Chi once they have learned it. To get rid of this annoying behavior, I use noautonomousTaiChi from Squinge.

Since I had trouble hunting down the link for the Pandora rug, I reuploaded it here .
Screenshots
Theorist
#10 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:24 PM
@Rebellina

You must have a serious conflict going, as I have tested all of the exercises in-game and had zero issues. Every object (dream catcher, dynasty vase and the expensive TV) that the mods were cloned from show up just fine too. Each mod worked as intended without causing any lag whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I tested each object separately and then at the same time, on the same lot.

Had one sim do Tai Chi, one watched a movie on the normal unmodded television while another worked out using the modded one, and had another do yoga. I kept the original items (dream catcher, dynasty vase and the expensive TV) on the lot during the entire testing phase, and everything worked as described. It was nice to see that they could all be placed on a single lot together.

MY OS is Windows 7 Professional, I have all EP's, SP's and a 1,000+ mods installed. All of the exercise mods show up in the 'Hobby' category in-game.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:44 AM
Hi Penelope,

it could well be a conflict, or based on the way the game was ported from Windows to Mac. It is not the first time a mod did not work with my OS, but worked fine for others. It is good to know it works as it should on Windows.