Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 9:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 looks funny with my graphics card geforce gtx 1050 ti
Hey! recently purchased a new Pc, specs will be somewhere below probably.
And i just thought it's weird how my patterns and like furniture textures have green in them, it's a blurry green buried in the pattern of most of my objects. It lags quite a fair bit considering my Pc should be able to handle it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Follow This

Thank you! Quick question, should i limit my fps to 60?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 1:13 AM
Follow This

Oh, my game is running horribly now?
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abbigaleissexy
Thank you! Quick question, should i limit my fps to 60?

Short answer: YES!
Longer answer:
How high is it going? If it's already hanging at 60 or below, you don't need to worry. If it's above 60, you're wearing your card out faster with absolutely no benefit to you.

If your game is running horribly now after you have edited that graphics rules file I would restore the backed up copy of the original that you made before doing any editing. (You did keep a copy, I hope?) Then see if that puts it back to the way it was. If so, you made a mistake while editing. Try again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 12:22 PM
Prease post your deviceconfig log file on here.
Here you go
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DeviceConfig.rar (1.6 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:07 PM
yeah, the deviceconfig looks great! What do you mean it runs horribly now? Lags?

Did you FPS cap it to 60? Triple buffer? Vsync?

Also try updating your GPU driver.

Otherwise, I don't know, the deviceconfig shows what the game sees and it looks great.

I did FPS cap with Nvidia inspector and i did triple buffer and Vsync, it's just super laggy?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:00 PM
In your original post, you also said it was laggy. Did it get worse after the changes in this thread? Or about the same?

Can you verify a clean run? Move your TS3 user folder to the desktop or simply rename it. Run the game, it will create a brand new one. Play the game clean and see if the lag is still there. Let's verify it is the not some mod or cc issue.

still really laggy, considering it resets my settings back to default. Not even edge smoothing was on nor was any of my settings on high
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 12:45 AM
1 - I know you have said that you have capped your fps with Inspector, but have you verified in-game that it's actually locking in at or below 60 fps (or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is)? Cheats console, fps on (enter) to get the actual fps to display. Cheats console again, fps off (enter) to make it go away.

2 - Which world(s) are you testing gameplay in? Isla Paradiso and Bridgeport would not be great choices, for example..

3 - Have you used GeForce Experience to Optimize TS3? Seems like a natural thing to do, but in reality it makes a mess of older games like TS3 and could be the cause of the Game Options not sticking. Would suggest undoing that with Experience's "Revert" button if this is the case.

4 - If you have the Win 10 Creator Update, there are things there that can get in the way as well.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_15902876
Instructor
#14 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 9:32 AM
I think the lags were because of bad CCs and/or mods or Win 10 Creator Update as there's nothing wrong with your DeviceConfig. As for the GeForce Experience software is better to not to have them, unless you need it for 3D movies etc.. but not gaming most of the cases, just install the graphics drivers and PhysicX using advance installation option.

As for the Win 10 Creator Update, follow the link from Igazor and disabled all that were mentioned there, as far as I know those features only works for games that came from Windows 10 Store, and some few of the newer games, but for most older games, is better not to have those features. If you have disabled all gaming mode features from W10 Creator Update and your TS3 still having the same problem, then the easiest way to fix them is to wiped out the Win 10 altogether (Note: Do not use rollback option) and install new clean Win 10 built 14393 version. I recommend to just stay with the 14393 version as this is the latest for retail version.

PS: For Win 10 14393 version, to avoid Win 10 Creator update, just manage your WiFi and set it to metered connection, it will prevent Win `10 to automatically downloading the updates and upgrades your Win 10 to the creator update version, this would only prevent to download any Windows Updates but not the Windows 10 Store, another way to disabled it.. if you're using LAN connection for internet instead of WiFi connection, you'll need to disabled W10 automatic update manually from the Services menu, but this would disabled every updates and prevent downloading anything from Win 10 Store, type "services.msc" in Cortana box to access W10 Services menu and then scroll down to Windows Updates, right click on it, go to Properties, stop it and disabled it, then restart your computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:21 PM
i think it may just be expansion packs, without them my game runs really smooth
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:32 PM
Follow This

In this post you directed me to, you said Turn on Vsync, my Vsync has a few options. on. adaptive, and fast. Which should i use, or does it not make a difference ?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:47 PM
The usual answer to which Vsync option when it comes to TS3 is use the one that works for you. I would try Adaptive first, then On if that doesn't do it, checking for results with the fps on cheat code.