Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 3:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Graphics issue: Tiny UI?
I've recently purchased a new computer, a Windows 10 64-bit with an NVidia GeForce 950M graphics card. When I first loaded Sims 3, everything looked fine except that it didn't fill the whole screen. Aha, I thought, I'll just adjust the screen resolution and all will be well. Right?

Well, I got it running full screen, which is nice. The game loads sooooo quickly and looks so very gorgeous. For the most part, I'm pleased with it. However, there's one little problem: the UI is teeny-tiny. It wasn't small in the other resolution (I think it first loaded at 600 x 900, but I'm not 100%). When I set it to my screen's native resolution of 3840 x 2160, the only mode which will run fullscreen, the UI immediately shrunk. Is there a way to just change the size of the UI?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 4:26 PM
Nope, sorry. TS3 doesn't do any of that fancy stuff because it's old.
If you want to be able to read the UI, try 2560x1440. Works for me, and I'm not even on a 4K screen. Unless your screen diagonal is tiny, it should be easy to read.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Nope, sorry. TS3 doesn't do any of that fancy stuff because it's old.
If you want to be able to read the UI, try 2560x1440. Works for me, and I'm not even on a 4K screen. Unless your screen diagonal is tiny, it should be easy to read.

Thanks! I had to fiddle with it a little, but you gave me a good starting place. It's still not perfect - there's just a bit of blank screen on either side - but it's way bigger than before, and I don't have to hold the laptop an inch from my face just to read what's going on. I appreciate your help!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 1:51 AM
Woah, woah, woah, hold on. You have a laptop with a 4K screen? When did that become a thing? Man, technology goes fast these days.
So what's the screen size? I know I said 2560x1440 should be readable but that's on a 24" screen. Laptops don't get much bigger than 17" as far as I know.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 2:31 AM Last edited by JazNim17 : 31st Aug 2017 at 4:32 PM.
Ha. It's very, very, very new (and possibly not the most responsible purchase I ever made, but hey, I'm enjoying it). And the guy at Best Buy did tell me it was "4K compatible," but I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what that meant when he said it, I just wanted a good laptop that could play my games, since my old one was, well....old. Old and falling apart and barely keeping up. So....yeah. You're right about tech moving fast.

And it's just a 15 inch. 17 inch laptops are too bulky for me.