Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 12:40 PM
Default How do I fix this missing mesh problem in Bodyshop?
I don't know why but I seem to keep having this problem where the mesh wouldn't show up in Bodyshop. I scaled down the base mesh and the morph in Milkshape,assigned them to the Pelvis joint and replaced the original mesh in SimPE with mine,renamed the property set from tmbottomkneeshorts_tanwhitesocks to cmbottomkneeshorts_tanwhitesocks and changed the age group then I went ahead and relinked all the recolor packages to the mesh package but when I went to the Bodyshop to examine them the mesh wouldn't show up on the bottoms.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:19 PM
Which mesh did you import first in Milkshape for the scaling down part, the teen one or the child body?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Which mesh did you import first in Milkshape for the scaling down part, the teen one or the child body?

I scaled the teen mesh down to child size. The problem is that I couldn't get the mesh to show up. I've even imported a child skeleton,deleted the child mesh and imported the converted mesh then selected the whole mesh and assigned the bottoms to the Auskel joint but it still won't show up.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:14 PM
You need to start with the child skeleton, if your end result is for a child. Then you import the teen one and scale it down. You say yes to import a second mesh, and NO to add additional bone definition.
Doing it this way, you won't even have to assign anything, as the assignment is already done, and you only use the child skeleton.
If you imported the child skeleton(child body) after the teen one, it will not work.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You need to start with the child skeleton, if your end result is for a child. Then you import the teen one and scale it down. You say yes to import a second mesh, and NO to add additional bone definition.
Doing it this way, you won't even have to assign anything, as the assignment is already done, and you only use the child skeleton.
If you imported the child skeleton(child body) after the teen one, it will not work.

I have an interesting dilemma when I replace the converted mesh with the swimsuit mesh it showed up perfectly but when I replace that with the converted mesh that wouldn't show up and I don't understand why.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Mar 2018 at 4:14 PM.
Sounds like you've done several things wrong.

If you assign everything to the pelvis or auskel joint, the bone assigning will break, and the pants won't work. You need to keep most of the original bone assignments, maybe change some here and there if there's weirdness (because of the size and shape difference from teen to child).

Changing the PropertySet from tmbottomkneeshorts_tanwhitesocks to cmbottomkneeshorts_tanwhitesocks can break the recolor. Don't change anything in the various resources unles you know what you're doing or a tutorial says you should. Changing the name in the PropertySet is usually not neccessary, and doesn't fix anything regarding age.

Morphs should not be assigned to bones. They follow the assigning you give to the main mesh.

You also (like Rosebine said) need to first extract the teen mesh and then import it over a child mesh (click "no" to the "import bones" question if you're using Milkshape), because the teen and child skeleton are very different. The base file for any conversion should be the skeleton you convert TO, not from. So if you're converting from teen to child, use a child skeleton. If you're converting from adult to teen, use a teen skeleton. ALWAYS import the age you're converting TO first, and the age you're converting from last.

When you're done, delete the cache files. That would reset any issues with reloading an edited recolor/mesh in Bodyshop

There's an age conversion tutorial here:
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...p?topic=12916.0 (it shows adult to teen, but you can use the same principle - just remember sizes will be different so you can't use the 0.94 rescale).
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:24 PM
Just in case it could be useful ... this page at the wiki saved my life multiple times : http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._the_Scenegraph

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 5:17 AM
Thank you, I'll give the mesh another try in Milkshape. I'm new to these kind of things so I don't really know that much.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:23 AM
@simmer22
You got me curious about the scaling proportions. I always do the scaling manually(by heart or by hands...) Teen are 94% smaller than adults, but do we happen to know other ages percent as well? That would save me so much work...