Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 10:50 AM Last edited by DanceDreamerMusouka : 1st Oct 2013 at 8:24 AM.
Problems with Game(What part of the Computer is it?)
Ok I bought a refurbished HP desktop (some people say that's a bad thing but others say it's fine?) and it's extremely annoying as it's Win8. I hate Win8. But I bought it for the hard drive space/price and forgot about the processor and graphics card needed for Sims 3.
I currently have 7 expansions packs and 2 stuff packs (including base game of course). December, I'll have Seasons and Worlds Bundle.
My mom's computer worked ok not amazing but ok, it was laggy but not super laggy like my computer is now. My computer's graphics is great I don't even need a HQ mod but it's so laggy and slow I can't really play the game.

So the question is could I just switch with my mom and upgrade her graphics card and processor or should I just upgrade my processor?
I've included both our computers specs in the rar file.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 1:26 PM
It looks like that CPU is a dual core, so at 1.7Ghz, it's definitely not up to scratch for TS3 as it stands now. I don't know if you have EPs and SPs and so on - if you do, that would certainly make things worse; if you're using just the basegame, then I'd hink you could play on that system, but yeah, there will probably be some slowness.

TS2 does work on Windows 8, as long as you're not trying to use the original 4-CD version of the basegame. If you have the basegame on DVD or Origin, or as part of Deluxe or Double Deluxe, then everything will work fine.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:28 PM
Could you double-check the model of your graphics card? It would be silly to suggest an amazing processor if it would just get bottlenecked by your graphics card. Very roughly, you'd be looking for a quad core between 2.0-3.0Ghz - but beyond that, I wouldn't like to say without more info.

Another important consideration is the power rating of your PSU, and whether your desktop is a normal sized one, or a slimline or all-in-one.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 8:25 AM
The rar file
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Computer Info.zip (12.1 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 3:49 AM
Hi,
are you still awaiting a response or no longer need help?
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:22 PM
I think he/she decided to buy a new computer, here's a thread she started later on: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment