Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 6:49 PM
Default Problem with two-storey wallpapers
I’ve been trying to make EA-match wallpapers for two-storey walls in hallways, stairwells etc. The problem is that there’s a thin line where the upstairs and downstairs papers meet, which is most obvious when there’s a strong contrast between the colours of the main wall and the mouldings.

From experimenting by substituting in other papers, it appears that the issue is with the upper paper (the one without the skirting/baseboard). For some reason, there’s a very narrow (1px?) strip of the crown moulding material at the bottom when the paper’s on the wall, even though all the DDS image files look fine. There’s also a much wider strip in the preview picture when you’re selecting the paper – not sure whether this is related.

I assumed at first it was something I’d done wrong but EA’s Flat Wall with Border behaves in exactly the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to sort it out? I’d really like to have two-storey walls without a band of moulding across the middle.
Screenshots