Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 8:55 AM
I think the mistake is how EA handled the Sims 4. I think the Sims 4 should have been a cleaned up version of the Sims 3. Go to a 64 bit engine and eliminate the memory limits. Clean up the code. Make sure the supplements work better with the core program, and maintain more consistency between the addons and the main program.

I think EA could have done a lot more with the Sims 3. They barely scratched the surface. For example, they could easily have added more vacation worlds (like Japan, Africa, India, England, Germany, Russia, Mars). They could have added more professions. They could have opened up the rabbit holes. They could have added more vacation worlds (how about a winter resort with skiing and other winter activities). They could have added more summer activities (Volleyball?) They could have made the world much bigger -- perhaps with several cities all in the same world. Perhaps allowing for thousands of NPC sims.

Once they got rid of the memory restrictions of a 32 bit system, a lot more was possible. Trying to maintain 32 bit compatibility was a straight jacket for the game.
Advertisement
Theorist
#127 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Sims 3 is underrestimated and not loved

I wouldn’t say that at all. There is consistently more people browsing the Ts3 section than any other on this site.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
Original Poster
#128 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I think the mistake is how EA handled the Sims 4. I think the Sims 4 should have been a cleaned up version of the Sims 3. Go to a 64 bit engine and eliminate the memory limits. Clean up the code. Make sure the supplements work better with the core program, and maintain more consistency between the addons and the main program.

I think EA could have done a lot more with the Sims 3. They barely scratched the surface. For example, they could easily have added more vacation worlds (like Japan, Africa, India, England, Germany, Russia, Mars). They could have added more professions. They could have opened up the rabbit holes. They could have added more vacation worlds (how about a winter resort with skiing and other winter activities). They could have added more summer activities (Volleyball?) They could have made the world much bigger -- perhaps with several cities all in the same world. Perhaps allowing for thousands of NPC sims.

Once they got rid of the memory restrictions of a 32 bit system, a lot more was possible. Trying to maintain 32 bit compatibility was a straight jacket for the game.

Yeah they could had at least done all those things in Sims 4 but instead we got a watered down copy of Sims 2 and 3.
Page 6 of 6