Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#6401 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm pretty sure they're going with Months this time around instead of Seasons - first up is the October experience. The other 11 experiences will be sold separately.

I wasn't sure if I should click the "funny" button or not- it won't be funny if it turns out to be true! I need a "funny... but now I'm worried" button.
Advertisement
Theorist
#6402 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnorkackSearcher
I wasn't sure if I should click the "funny" button or not- it won't be funny if it turns out to be true! I need a "funny... but now I'm worried" button.

lol I don't think they'll go that far. Yet. But apparently the Pet's Pet expansion sold really well so I'm sure they'll do the same thing again with Seasons.
Smeg Head
#6403 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:42 PM
They'll sell you the EP with new world destinations, and where the weather in those world locations can be very diverse. But nothing doing. Not until...

...You next buy the:
-- My First Snow Stuff Pack
-- My First Rain Stuff Pack
-- My First Autumn Stuff Pack
-- My First Summer Stuff Pack (Not so much different in this pack from the default weather in the game theses past three years, except for sun tans. Yay!)

Not only will they bring the weather of the world to your sims in each of these DLC-for-DLC packs, but each will also include more and more stuff that should have been in the Cats & Dogs EP. Because Pets are effected by weather, too. Yay, a proper dog house for the winter! Glee!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#6404 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Also big props to SimGuruAaron for this hilarious tweet. LMAO
https://twitter.com/SimGuruHouts/st...378400237109248

Remaster, he says? It'd be a demaster. And that's saying a lot, because that SP had some pretty atrocious looking objects.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#6405 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:14 AM
Wow, it feels like a decade has passed since the last speculation about a bigger pack. Even though I play TS4 regularly, I've been conditioned to not get excited until I will have heart about the first shortcomings and will have decided if I can live with them.
Scholar
#6406 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:50 AM
I'm really looking forward to it, I don't care what the EP is (Although i'm like 95% per cent sure its seasons), I just want more content and glad they are bringing the game out from the silence to life again.
Mad Poster
#6408 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
It could just be a scarecrow stuff pack...

Stuff pack with a world that features autumn trees? Maybe close to game pack or expansion pack, but yeah - not necessary Seasons/Weathers.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6409 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Stuff pack with a world that features autumn trees? Maybe close to game pack or expansion pack, but yeah - not necessary Seasons/Weathers.
I actually opened up my game to check for trees with yellow leaves because I was so sure we already had some in game. These are the only trees I could find in my game though:

Guess I confused it with TS3 or the autum mod I had installed for a while, but yeah, the trees in the teaser gif look a bit more colorful/different than the ones we have so far. But to be fair - It doesn't have to be a whole world. The new trees could be available in buy mode.
Top Secret Researcher
#6410 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:05 PM
So the release date would be June 22nd.. And the cover is this:

Is this for real, because somehow the cover feels fake. Or I'm paranoid. After all, doesn't the cover usually feature new hair and clothes and not something that already exist in other packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6411 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:11 PM
That's horrifyingly fake looking.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#6412 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
So the release date would be June 22nd.. And the cover is this:

Is this for real, because somehow the cover feels fake. Or I'm paranoid. After all, doesn't the cover usually feature new hair and clothes and not something that already exist in other packs.
It's from a user who makes great fan-made renders https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_15659451
Scholar
#6413 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:21 PM
Blue skin and feeling Frozen (moodlet) is nothing new in TS4, it actually happens with the Get To Work EP with the Freeze Ray, but looking at it, there's already some building blocks to start up seasons, and knowing EA they will probably recycle a lot of those animations.
Top Secret Researcher
#6414 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
It's from a user who makes great fan-made renders https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_15659451

That's what I kind of thought, I knew I saw it once somewhere!
But why is an actual store using that image here https://www.discshop.se/spel/pc_mac...seasons/P158592 So weird
Scholar
#6415 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:01 PM
GameFAQs says the release date is early as 22nd June, 2018.

Hmm!..
Forum Resident
#6416 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:51 PM
I'm tired of the most exciting thing about TS4 being the things modders are doing to the game. I want to see the TS4 TEAM actually bring some of that same excitement to the packs they release. And they've proven that they can do it - the Vampire pack was probably the best release that TS4 has had - simply because it took a concept well-known from the game (vampires) and did something DIFFERENT with them that wasn't done in previous iterations (I don't know for sure about the TS3 vampires however, as I don't play 3.)

I love the toddlers, I love parenthood and city living, but they make the game bearable - not magical. I want the whimsy back, and since they've almost sort of done that with Vampires, I fully damn well expect them to pull their finger out and do it with every coming back from here on out. I want to see some stuff that I don't expect, some stuff that isn't a basic remake with missing features. I want to see them actually get 'weird' and give me something detailed and engaging. I'm sick of feeling sad that 3 had all this great stuff that I wished I had in 2, and turning to 4 to finally get that experience and feeling let down. I love my TS2, and while I don't want to play 3, I expect more from the team that built it than just... this. So bring it on Maxis. Do the thing properly or don't do it at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#6417 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:20 PM
Don't have Sims 4 Vampires, but I have Sims 3 Supernatural, and from all I've seen, they are nothing alike, but still vampires. It's a good pack. (If I were to get 4, my top pack picks at this point would be Parenthood and Vampires - I think both were done very well from everything I've seen.)

I really hope they do that routine on other occults - I would love to see what they could do with witches, for example.
Field Researcher
#6418 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
GameFAQs says the release date is early as 22nd June, 2018.

Hmm!..

I wonder if the date is a placeholder, if it's actually 2019 and not 2018, or if it's really coming in June this year...

On another note, I hope they don't ruin this EP with missing content and spinoff packs, but I'm not too hopeful.
Scholar
#6419 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:41 PM
Well, they often provide inaccurate information (I do hope so!), but if it is under a month, seems to a rushed EP with very little thought in it.
Field Researcher
#6420 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
I wonder if the date is a placeholder, if it's actually 2019 and not 2018, or if it's really coming in June this year...

On another note, I hope they don't ruin this EP with missing content and spinoff packs, but I'm not too hopeful.

It’s actually not too far off. If we look at previous EP announcements that weren’t made months in advance (GTW & CL), the standard marketing cycle is about 6 weeks from announcement to release. June 22 is also a Friday, which kind of makes me think it’s legit since C&D also released on a Friday. I guess we’ll find out later today.
Lab Assistant
#6421 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:01 PM Last edited by haituva : 24th May 2018 at 6:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Well, they often provide inaccurate information (I do hope so!), but if it is under a month, seems to a rushed EP with very little thought in it.

I don't think it would necessarily mean rushed (any more than any other EP, that is). Maybe they just left the announcement later this time (for example due to previous lack of CM, which they now have).
Forum Resident
#6422 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haituva
I don't think it would necessarily mean rushed (any more than any other EP, that is). Maybe they just left the announcement later this time (for example due previous to lack of CM, which they now have).

I actually think they delayed the annoucement so that they COULD put more work into it. I have high expectations... I'm nearly beside myself with excitement and anxiety (they better not let us down)
Field Researcher
#6423 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:46 PM
Origin just leaked a bunch of stuff. Seasons is the next expansion, trailer out in 10 or so minutes.

Quote:
Add weather to your Sims’ lives to tell new stories, enjoy seasonal activities and celebrate heartfelt holidays with The Simsâ„¢ 4 Seasons. Make the most out of the weather all year round, from crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat — every world is affected by seasons in unique ways. Create a winter story with ice skating, befriend a magical scarecrow at the fall harvest, share a spring fling during a downpour or host a summer pool party. Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts and special guests. Stay warm or keep cool with all-new outfits to brave the elements. Even begin a blossoming gardening career as a botanist or by crafting floral arrangements!

KEY FEATURES

Experience impactful weather. Enjoy four stunning seasons and dynamically changing weather that affects all aspects of your Sims’ lives. From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities. Control the elements to summon thunderstorms, clear up overcast skies or jump between seasons.

Revel in seasonal activities. Year-round activities provide Sims fun and entertaining ways to enjoy the seasons. Bundle up to build a snow pal with friends, create snow angels or perform cool tricks at the skating rink. Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout. Dress Sims in new swimwear to cool off in the sprinkler or play in the kiddie pool. Harvest honey in the fall, play in leaves or have child Sims make homemade holiday crafts.

Celebrate the holidays. Decorate your home and bring Sims together to celebrate heartfelt holiday traditions. Ring in the new year with a celebration, enjoy a romantic date during Love Day or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. Watch as your Sims count down the calendar days until Winterfest, where presents are gifted, decorations are hung, and Father Winter pays a visit. You can even create custom holidays and choose how your Sims celebrate.

Grow your gardening career. Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they’ll analyze plants, write scientific papers and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim’s budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits and handy objects.

Top Secret Researcher
#6424 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:47 PM
Seasons is the next EP:

https://simsvip.com/2018/05/24/offi...expansion-pack/

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#6425 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:53 PM
Locked thread
Page 257 of 447