Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#126 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Regarding active careers, a tidbit from the official forums (grabbed off Twitter); Lydnsay replies to a post, and states that there's an inactive element, and our sims won't be required to go to work everyday.... or something. Here's the link for those who wish to read it - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_13274077

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Glad they didn't overlook that aspect. It can/will get tedious doing active careers day in and day out. Just hoping they've smoothened out the switching process from non-working Sim to working Sim. I.e. If a sim is writing reports (just an example) in the police station office, that usually takes about an hour to 2 hours depending on the mood, so if I switch to my other Sim at home for 30 sim minutes, when I go back to working sim, they should still be working on that report and not in the cafe grabbing donuts.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:11 PM
@ Grox I don't know if you've read my message, i already know that sims can skill while i control another sim on another lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I already only take my sims to other lots while the others are at work/school OR THEY ARE WORKING ON A SKILL or they can do what i want them to do on the other lot. .

Do you know that aspirations, especially those for children, normally require more than just skilling?

But i don't want to discuss with you about this anymore, since you don't even read messages thouroughly. We'll just agree to disagree on this subject.
Instructor
#128 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:13 PM
I've thrown my 2 cents into that thread, for all the good it will probably do.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 10:59 PM
I wanted to throw something out there that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet (but I could have missed it) re: "customers" for your active jobs (such as pregnant women). I think it is possible that they might try to explain away all the pregnant sims, sims in jail, etc, without having to add story progression by saying that your hospital/police station are connected to more than just your own town. So the sims that come to visit are not actually sims that live in your town or townies, that sort of thing. They are just randomly generated sims that come from other nearby towns.
Scholar
#130 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:01 AM
Regarding active careers, a tidbit from the official forums (grabbed off Twitter); Lydnsay replies to a post, and states that there's an inactive element, and our sims won't be required to go to work everyday.... or something. Here's the link for those who wish to read it - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_13274077

This is how I assume it will work. That's how I played the active careers in Ambitions. They had "work" hours, but there was no penalty for being late or not showing up at all. My Sims worked when the rest of the family was at work/school or tossed out to a movie or the spa. While I was never a fan of the rabbit hole restaurants and stores, I very much miss the spa, movie theatre and various classes. It was a great way to get Sims out of your hair for a few hours.
Scholar
#131 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
I wanted to throw something out there that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet (but I could have missed it) re: "customers" for your active jobs (such as pregnant women). I think it is possible that they might try to explain away all the pregnant sims, sims in jail, etc, without having to add story progression by saying that your hospital/police station are connected to more than just your own town. So the sims that come to visit are not actually sims that live in your town or townies, that sort of thing. They are just randomly generated sims that come from other nearby towns.

They're just so proud / fond of their Random Sim Generator.

Where will those randoms go? Will they count against our already-paltry 180 Sim Limit?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#132 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 1:47 AM
Will the careers work the other way around? I mean can our sims have babies at the hospital or be interrogated by the detective for example?
Instructor
#133 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia

At this point i'm not expecting any depth in gameplay from the simgurus, so yes, probably it will be like that.

My simblr AsdSims
Theorist
#134 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
They're just so proud / fond of their Random Sim Generator.

Where will those randoms go? Will they count against our already-paltry 180 Sim Limit?

This is what I think too, that the sims will all be randomly generated. I will be surprised if they even try to "explain" where the sims come from, even. And yeah, if they count against the 180 total this will not be good.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#135 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:41 AM
I would be really weird if you spent all day delivering babies in the hospital, and then never got to see any of those babies grow up into children.

Weirder stories, guys!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#136 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:54 AM
If the Sims here aren't generated AND alters family data, this will potentially be the most hated pack in Sims history. Patients dying, a million babies, cluttered family inventories... disaster watch, ya'll!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#137 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:28 AM
Quote:
Learn new skills to help your Sims create even more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra simoleons.

Source

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Did I just read that correctly?!?!

Does that mean hobbies?
Forum Resident
#138 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:27 AM
I wonder if they'll move the cakes that are readily available from Cooking skill to the new Baking skill.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Field Researcher
#139 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Source

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Did I just read that correctly?!?!

Does that mean hobbies?

Well I tend to view all skills as a hobby so yes. Guru Lindsey said you could knit scarves and I know I have seen requests for knitting over the years! Seriously this may turn out as best EP ever!!
Field Researcher
#140 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kjones
Can we buy toddlers in this EP?

A toddler joke!!!!!! Lol. So funny and original.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#141 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Glad they didn't overlook that aspect. It can/will get tedious doing active careers day in and day out. Just hoping they've smoothened out the switching process from non-working Sim to working Sim. I.e. If a sim is writing reports (just an example) in the police station office, that usually takes about an hour to 2 hours depending on the mood, so if I switch to my other Sim at home for 30 sim minutes, when I go back to working sim, they should still be working on that report and not in the cafe grabbing donuts.

You can't do that unless you want longer loading screens while the game calculates whereabouts in the animation the sim should be and places him there. In TS4, the sims on the lot you left behind are no longer actually there, let alone doing anything. The data is updated as numbers only. In fact since people complained about sims standing outside their house dumbly when the lot loads, and "fixed" that, it's certain to have already made loading longer. When you switch lots, all the sims on that lot are *new* copies of themselves, just like they were in TS2.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#142 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
I wonder if they'll move the cakes that are readily available from Cooking skill to the new Baking skill.

It would make sense, but since this is EA I give even odds they won't.
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:22 AM
Surprised it's not been asked already, but will this expansion have an effect on the existing careers? For example, will we be able to go to work with our Sims if we choose Astronaut career path, or Musician etc? Or will they remain in the background and only the "new" careers have the ability to do this?
Forum Resident
#144 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:37 AM
The Pack won't have an effect on existing careers.
It's like in Ambitions. We get some new careers, that are active.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:37 AM
DocStone: The old careers will stay as they are, the active careers will be just the three new ones (+ your own business).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#146 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:57 PM
I want back to read a post about a survey and if the gameplay carried over, we should be able to craft custom garments to sell to other Sims. I've always had a weird obsession with how clothing is handled in the game and this is a nice exception to not being able to shop for clothing normally.

I hope a rack exists. >_>

Scholar
#147 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I want back to read a post about a survey and if the gameplay carried over, we should be able to craft custom garments to sell to other Sims. I've always had a weird obsession with how clothing is handled in the game and this is a nice exception to not being able to shop for clothing normally.

I hope a rack exists. >_>

I'm sure I read somewhere that you would be able to create outfits on the mannequins in your business and sell those. It was in an article, I'm sure... I'm gonna go check!
Wa-hey - found it. It's in the PC Gamer article; here's the tidbit that she says within: ....'You’ll be able to open up a shop and sell clothes that you designed off of a mannequin...'
The link to the actual article is here - http://www.pcgamer.com/giant-scisso...after-15-years/ - the tidbit lies in an answer further down the page under this question (And the first step in that process is the new expansion pack) in case no-one wants to read the whole thing just to read that answer, lol

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#148 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:35 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that you would be able to create outfits on the mannequins in your business and sell those. It was in an article, I'm sure... I'm gonna go check!
Wa-hey - found it. It's in the PC Gamer article; here's the tidbit that she says within: ....'You’ll be able to open up a shop and sell clothes that you designed off of a mannequin...'
The link to the actual article is here - http://www.pcgamer.com/giant-scisso...after-15-years/ - the tidbit lies in an answer further down the page under this question (And the first step in that process is the new expansion pack) in case no-one wants to read the whole thing just to read that answer, lol

When she says "design outfits" I wonder what that entails? Being that we only have a select few swatches wouldn't it be amazing if this game somehow brought in elements of create a style back to the game!!!!?????
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#149 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:59 PM
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

Field Researcher
#150 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

Hmmmm I really hope it is more involved with Get to Work but that looks neat nonetheless!
Locked thread
Page 6 of 447