Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 3:34 AM
Default A red-ish UK judge's robe
Okay, you're all going to think I've lost my marbles, but I swear I had a British high-court justice outfit in my catalog that I got somewhere, and in between when I last used it and now, I must've tossed it in a CC purge. The screenshot isn't exactly what it looked like, but close enough. I've checked All About Style, which is where I thought it came from, but no dice. It could've been a conversion from 3 or 4, and in all honesty, a copy of it could be on my hard drive somewhere, but since I can't remember the exact name, chances of finding it seem slim... I've tried searching a bunch of different ways, but no luck.
Screenshots

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice:
pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:02 AM
You made me think. I never found a judge's/lawyer's robe. So I poked around and found one here. https://makemysimsreal.forumotion.c...ghlight=uniform It isn't red, but maybe you could recolour it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You made me think. I never found a judge's/lawyer's robe. So I poked around and found one here. https://makemysimsreal.forumotion.c...ghlight=uniform It isn't red, but maybe you could recolour it.

What's on that site? Any cool stuff? It won't let me sign up.

Registering on the site is a pain in the butt, I just gave up. It keeps saying my username is incorrect, despite the fact I can clearly see it in my email notification.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 6:17 PM
Not sure, TBH. I must have downloaded something from there before, as my username was in use and I correctly remembered my password, but I didn't really even remember the site.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 7:15 PM

I saw that one too on Pinterest! But then, when I tried to get to the site, it wouldn't go. Thanks, how'd you get it?

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:31 PM
You made me think. I never found a judge's/lawyer's robe. So I poked around and found one here. https://makemysimsreal.forumotion.c...ghlight=uniform It isn't red, but it's maybe you could recolour it.

Did you try using it in your game? I can't find it under everyday or formal... maybe it's someplace weird. Let me know if you get it to work.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
Did you try using it in your game? I can't find it under everyday or formal... maybe it's someplace weird. Let me know if you get it to work.

Checked the files, and they're both categorized as everyday, for YA/adult.

I don't think you need to sign up for most of the downloads now. The links are a bit iffy at the moment, but if you right-click them and do "copy link" (make sure the link displays a mediafire link when you hover over it, though), then paste it into a new tab. Not sure about the images, though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Checked the files, and they're both categorized as everyday, for YA/adult.

My bad... it was an elderly judge I was trying to get the robe for. I see it now.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 12:17 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Mar 2024 at 12:28 AM.
You can recategorize it for elders, if you don't mind the shape being the same as for adults. In SimPE, you can change the "age" in the PropertySet to 58. You can also use tools like the Wardrobe Wrangler or Picknmix's Outfit Organiser.

I thought of these - could maybe work with a recolor of the stoles? It's not exactly the same, but maybe similar enough? You'd likely have to edit the ages for these ones as well (I think they're available to adults and YA, but not elders).
https://pixeldolly.tumblr.com/post/...n-gowns-default
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You can recategorize it for elders, if you don't mind the shape being the same as for adults. In SimPE, you can change the "age" in the PropertySet to 58. You can also use tools like the Wardrobe Wrangler or Picknmix's Outfit Organiser.

I'm on a Mac, but yes, I expect it would be easy enough to do that if I could use those things. NOT that there's even a properly- functioning Law career to have these judges take part in anyway... as someone (joandsarah?) once said, it doesn't make much sense for "Judge" to be a rung in the politics career ladder, and the levels in the law career are just silly, IMO.
Anyhow, for the older judges I just use one of Heget's 18th-century outfits. Maybe there's a "Parson" getup that'd be close... IDK. Some samurai or daimyo costume might even work... I'll keep looking for the one I had, too.

Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 8:45 PM
Found it! That is to say, I found it in my CAS catalog. It's not a red judge at all, but a judge's robe with a red sash. The label (in debug mode) reads MAjudge, and looks like it originally was a mesh called "ambodydresskorean_bluecream".
Screenshots