Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:31 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error: Hit Break Point Primitive
I opened a house I never played before and an error occured (see attachment).
I have had this error before in other houses when the newspaper was delivered. I pressed reset or cancel and when my sim searched for a job in the newspaper he didn't find any jobs. He searched on the computer and the error occured again. Then after leaving the house and going back into the house the error didn't occur and everything (searching and all) was normal.
I already removed everything from my downloadfolder that's newspaper or job related, but this error from the house I played for the very first time doesn't go away when pressing delete or reset or cancel.
What is causing this error? What can I do?
Screenshots

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:18 PM
Have you removed custom careers too? Could you post the error log?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Have you removed custom careers too? Could you post the error log?

No I didn't think of the custom careers causing any trouble.
I'll try that now.

I added the errorlogs in attachment.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (774.4 KB, 57 downloads) - View custom content

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
just a girl
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Lamare : 18th Oct 2017 at 8:03 PM.
Ok, so. You get 'Hit Break Point Primitive' on 'Sub - Update Job Availability', node 4, because the game can't find 'Job Finder'. Possibly because you deleted it on that lot, when it had an error. Next time Job Finder errors out, don't delete it. Looks like it's making it worse.
The question is what causes the error with Job Finder itself.

Edit. Found the log. Let me see.

Looks like Job Finder might be stuck in a loop. Do you have any mod that overrides 'set random Jobs' BHAV (TGI: 0x42484156 0x7FC2ED7B 0x00001001)?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:03 PM
Ok, so. You get 'Hit Break Point Primitive' on 'Sub - Update Job Availability', node 4, because the game can't find 'Job Finder'. Possibly because you deleted it on that lot, when it had an error. Next time Job Finder errors out, don't delete it. Looks like it's making it worse.
The question is what causes the error with Job Finder itself.

Edit. Found the log. Let me see.

Looks like Job Finder is stuck in a loop. Do you have any mod that overrides 'set random Jobs' BHAV (TGI: 0x42484156 0x7FC2ED7B 0x00001001)?

How can I see that? I have over 10,000 CC items :s

just a girl
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:10 PM
How about I cook a dummy file containing that BHAV and you run HCDU on your downloads? In theory, that should light it up.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:13 PM
How about I cook a dummy file containing that BHAV and you run HCDU on your downloads? In theory, that should light it up.

Oh, that would be wonderful. A great help, thanks!
In meantime I am opening my game again and again with each time a part of my downloadfolder to find out what might cause the error.

just a girl
#8 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:18 PM
Here you go. The idea is to find out, whether this package would show conflict with any other of your files in HCDU.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dummy-BURN-AFTER-TESTING.zip (574 Bytes, 82 downloads) - View custom content
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:26 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 18th Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM.
Here you go. The idea is to find out, whether this package would show conflict with any other of your files in HCDU.

There are 12 possible conflicts, but no conflict with the dummy.

Edit:
I narrowed it down to 3 subfolders in my downloadfolder where the cause can be.
I hope to fix this tonight.
(Probably not but) I never download anything again! I don't want to go through this again.

Edit @Lamare
I think I found the problem.
Is there something like too many custom careers in a downloadfolder?
I have all my own custom careers in my downloadfolder (not long ago).
It are 606 items (adult, teen, elder, pet careers,...)
That's maybe a bit too much

Edit
I removed all the double careers I have (not actually double but the different (PTO, CC) versions I create) so that I only have 1 version.
Still a few hundred careers, but no error.
A night to remember every time I create a new career or update older ones to new versions.

just a girl
#10 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Is there something like too many custom careers in a downloadfolder?

I don't know. But it's interesting.

Looking at BHAV that had too many iterations, I can't quite figure out what exactly caused a loop. It may have something to do with it being the first day on the lot. To make sure the problem is really gone, open some other lot you've never palyed before even for a day. If there's no error with 'Job Finder' like on your screenshot, you're good.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:34 PM
I don't know. But it's interesting.

Looking at BHAV that had too many iterations, I can't quite figure out what exactly caused a loop. It may have something to do with it being the first day on the lot. To make sure the problem is really gone, open some other lot you've never palyed before even for a day. If there's no error with 'Job Finder' like on your screenshot, you're good.

Well, I don't know of course how many careers I need to delete. Now I deleted some of which I think I will never play (like eg huntsmen as I never play medieval hoods).
And with some lots (always the first day) I get the error, with some I don't get it.
You can be right about it just being the first day. The error doesn't pop up as much as before.
So now I know what's causing it, I know the workaround (although I don't like workarounds).
It's not an error I need to worry about. I just need to make sure not pressing delete.

just a girl
#12 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:48 PM
Looks like, on the first day, the game checks family members' aspirations and majors to offer them suitable careers. Maybe it doesn't like something about the majors in your downloads or can't find any suitable careers. Just a thought.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
Looks like, on the first day, the game checks family members' aspirations and majors to offer them suitable careers. Maybe it doesn't like something about the majors in your downloads or can't find any suitable careers. Just a thought.

So maybe it's a major which causes the conflict. Not a career.
Thanks! I'm going to check that.

Edit
I removed all the custom majors I have in my downloadfolder, but still got the error of too many iterations.
So I think were back to thinking about there's something like too many careers.

Scholar
#14 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:16 PM
From JobFinder: 'set random Jobs'

Node 0x19(25) 'First Day Weight' will reject a job if it doesn't match family aspirations.
But.. It doesn't change anything, just re-starts the loop from zero so the same job will be found, tested and fail over and over.

What doesn't make sense is why we don't all strike this fault, I never use the default newspaper or computer to give my sims a job because I prefer to ensure they get the job I want them to have and suspect that's the case for most simmers. Also it'd only occur on day 0 so it's like a one off glitch for each household.

The cleanest fix would be to set jobs as unavailable that fail 'First Day Weight' in the first loop, where it's counting available jobs then it doesn't even need to run that test again in the final loop.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
From JobFinder: 'set random Jobs'

Node 0x19(25) 'First Day Weight' will reject a job if it doesn't match family aspirations.
But.. It doesn't change anything, just re-starts the loop from zero so the same job will be found, tested and fail over and over.

What doesn't make sense is why we don't all strike this fault, I never use the default newspaper or computer to give my sims a job because I prefer to ensure they get the job I want them to have and suspect that's the case for most simmers. Also it'd only occur on day 0 so it's like a one off glitch for each household.

The cleanest fix would be to set jobs as unavailable that fail 'First Day Weight' in the first loop, where it's counting available jobs then it doesn't even need to run that test again in the final loop.

Yes, it's an only one time bug on day 0 so I can live with it. I just started a new neighbourhood so every family is going to have that (that's why qi didnt notice it before), but as I have so many custom jobs I don't mind to put them in after day 0 for every household. There are worse bugs/ glitches out there.